Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is where I was going wrong: I've been doing this step-wise: edit, produce, burn. When you produce, the produced file IS PLACED IN YOUR MEDIA GROUP. It becomes part of your file and screws up the burn, especially if the produce file is 193MB like mine was! (DUH)
It wasn't clear to me that I didn't need to produce the video in order to burn the DVD. You can go straight to "Create Disc" from the editing platform.

So, I eliminated any produced video from my media group, and voila! my burn completed quickly without a hitch. No patches or updates required.

Quote: I am having this problem as well, and it is strangely reminiscent of the problem I had with my original PowerDirector (v.4, I think). I get to 43% and get the a0000005 error code "burning failed." I can produce the video, but it will not burn. My file is all jpeg images in a 5-minute slideshow, not very big (the Produce file is 193MB) and my computer was custom-built to do exactly this kind of project (mega RAM, mega speed, fab video card) so it isn't a capacity issue.
Cyberlink needs to figure this out and fix it.
Leanne

I am having this problem as well, and it is strangely reminiscent of the problem I had with my original PowerDirector (v.4, I think). I get to 43% and get the a0000005 error code "burning failed." I can produce the video, but it will not burn. My file is all jpeg images in a 5-minute slideshow, not very big (the Produce file is 193MB) and my computer was custom-built to do exactly this kind of project (mega RAM, mega speed, fab video card) so it isn't a capacity issue.
Cyberlink needs to figure this out and fix it.
Leanne
Go to: