Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,

As far as I am aware Vista support has not been withdrawn.

Can you confirm which version you are running? The 03-16 update was to v.2707.

There have been two updates after the 03-16 v.2707 update - would it be worth trying the 05-16 v.2820 update and see if that works for you as a way to narrow the problem down?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks much for the suggestion. I was indeed on 2707. I have now downloaded and installed 2820 with no proiblem. However, I still get the same error on the newer update. Here is the additional information provided:

Three files that help describe the problem as created by Vista are available in the folder at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6dwvd4l0fka2jju/AADDIWyKVs6uQ0YjYYRtP6Xya?dl=0

The error message is, like, instant. One of the .txt files is pretty long. I was surprised it had time to even create a file that long. Maybe it only does that when I opt to "search for a solution." Which rarely helps in my experience.
Quote Hi Steve,

You should also be able to see the information if you hover the cursor over a clip in the timeline as shown (I've had to draw in the cursor as screen grab doesn't get it):-

Thank you for your reply and for your kindness in taking the time to draw what screen capture would not provide. I am familiar with the problem of grabbing a hover-pop-up. It's like chasing a ghost. As I understand it, the hover-pop-up shows the position in the project timeline. What I am looking for is the position in the original file.

My-son-the-video-expert advised me to look for an "EDL Export" function, which apparently PD14 does not support. He uses the high end professional tools every day. I am just a very occasional amateur, and so far PD has always met my needs admirably. It did this time, too, with the "Trim" tool as Tony explained.

That's why I wanted this, by the way. My son will do the "real" editing on this project, but I wanted to do a rough cut for him of certain material because it was easier for me to make the very content-sensitive decisions of cutting a 6 minute talk to 1:40. But then I wanted to give him the "cut list" so he could quickly replicate and improve on my rough cut.

The "Export EDL" function would be nice and should be very easy to implement. I encourage CyberLink to add that to the roadmap. I also think the info should be in the right-click View Properties dropdown of each clip. You could just add two lines to the "File" section of the information for IN and OUT points.
Quote Hi Steve -

It's visible if you use the Trim function (which I rarely do), but only by going back into Trim. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony

Wow, Tony, thank you very much!

My little project only has 7 clips, so I just went through, selected each one, clicked the "Trim" button, and found the information as you explained. That was very kind and helpful.
Runni8ng PowerDirector 14 happily on Vista so far. Cannot apply latest update. Last updated 3/28/16. Latest update, the Downloader.exe program blows up immediately. Error message:

The procedure entry point K32EnumProcessModules could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Any advice? Is Vista no longer supported?
PowerDirector 14. It seems reasonable that one should be able to see the in and out points (in the original file) for any clip on the timeline. I don't see this information anywhere (e.g. clip properties) and I can't find anything about it in the Help indix or the user manual. It just seems totally unreasonable not to make this information visible. It's obviously in the data.
Go to: