Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote May I ask what version and build of PD you are using, and what is the file type(s) that you keep trying to import?

Power director 24 ultra build 14.0.2820.0

MANY THANKS
Quote My best guess is that you appear to have a problem of some sort with your installation of directx. It might be worth looking at THIS Microsoft answers article.

I think the dll that is causing most of the crashes is a system file so you could also try running the system file checker. I always do it in safe mode then at the command prompt type in - sfc /scannow

Many thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, neither has worked. Still crashing as before so any further suggestions will be helpful
Quote I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file

Ah... in that case posting your dxdiag output would be a good starting point.

dxdiag file attached
Quote If you are able to open PDR without a crash, then before you do anything else, check your preferences, if "Enable HD video processing (shadow files)" is enabled try switching it off and see if that helps.

many thanks for the reply. I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file
Quote There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error

i have found that if I reboot the notebook the pdhanumansvr error disappeared but the software still crashes when importing a file
Quote There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error
Hi, looking for any help I can get as CyberLink tech support have left me hanging for two weeks now. I have two errors when running powerdirector 14. Firstly I get an error stating "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working". Then get error "pdr.exe has stopped working" at which point the software crashes. I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried reinstalling but nothing changes
Go to: