Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR.exe not working
Welch62 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, looking for any help I can get as CyberLink tech support have left me hanging for two weeks now. I have two errors when running powerdirector 14. Firstly I get an error stating "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working". Then get error "pdr.exe has stopped working" at which point the software crashes. I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried reinstalling but nothing changes
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error

i have found that if I reboot the notebook the pdhanumansvr error disappeared but the software still crashes when importing a file
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If you are able to open PDR without a crash, then before you do anything else, check your preferences, if "Enable HD video processing (shadow files)" is enabled try switching it off and see if that helps.
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you are able to open PDR without a crash, then before you do anything else, check your preferences, if "Enable HD video processing (shadow files)" is enabled try switching it off and see if that helps.

many thanks for the reply. I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file

Ah... in that case posting your dxdiag output would be a good starting point.
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file

Ah... in that case posting your dxdiag output would be a good starting point.

dxdiag file attached
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
My best guess is that you appear to have a problem of some sort with your installation of directx. It might be worth looking at THIS Microsoft answers article.

I think the dll that is causing most of the crashes is a system file so you could also try running the system file checker. I always do it in safe mode then at the command prompt type in - sfc /scannow
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My best guess is that you appear to have a problem of some sort with your installation of directx. It might be worth looking at THIS Microsoft answers article.

I think the dll that is causing most of the crashes is a system file so you could also try running the system file checker. I always do it in safe mode then at the command prompt type in - sfc /scannow

Many thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, neither has worked. Still crashing as before so any further suggestions will be helpful
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
May I ask what version and build of PD you are using, and what is the file type(s) that you keep trying to import? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Welch62 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote May I ask what version and build of PD you are using, and what is the file type(s) that you keep trying to import?

Power director 24 ultra build 14.0.2820.0

MANY THANKS
Grim4th
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2010 07:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello I'm using the CyberLink PowerDirector 18 ultimate I'm getting this error when I click okay it just doesn't want to run

I included the error that I'm getting here is my spec's of my PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX 9590 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.70GHz
Headset (Razer Kraken Tournament Edition)
Mouse: Logitech Marble Mouse
Mouse: Perixx w/ Scroll Wheel
Saitek x52 Flight control system
Keyboard: Razer Back Lite Keyboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB Of Ram
XBOX 1 Controller
Elgato Gaming Capture Card
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
Direct X Ver.: DirectX 12

and I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 64 bit

I hope you all can solve the issue I'm getting!

This the error im getting
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag file attached
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
177 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2021 11:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are some odd program crashes shown at the end of the DxDiag results. I don't know if they might be left over from your previous Win10 installation, but if they happened since you reinstalled then it looks like the installation didn't work correctly.

I suggest running the two commands in this post to see if there are any easily-repairable issues.

If they aren't able to solve the issue with PD, the next options are to uninstall PD18 and install it as an Administrator; then contact CL tech support if that didn't work.

The ultimate answer would be to do another full Win10 reinstall using different installation media.

Your current version of Windows (1903) is from April 2019 and there have been 4 significant upgrades since then. In fact MS no longer supports that version since its end of support was Dec 2020, so I would recommend downloading the latest ISO from Microsoft and starting over with a clean slate.
Grim4th
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2010 07:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There are some odd program crashes shown at the end of the DxDiag results. I don't know if they might be left over from your previous Win10 installation, but if they happened since you reinstalled then it looks like the installation didn't work correctly.

I suggest running the two commands in this post to see if there are any easily-repairable issues.

If they aren't able to solve the issue with PD, the next options are to uninstall PD18 and install it as an Administrator; then contact CL tech support if that didn't work.

The ultimate answer would be to do another full Win10 reinstall using different installation media.

Your current version of Windows (1903) is from April 2019 and there have been 4 significant upgrades since then. In fact MS no longer supports that version since its end of support was Dec 2020, so I would recommend downloading the latest ISO from Microsoft and starting over with a clean slate.

Thank you I will try after thing you said