Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: AFAICT, he's saying that if you try to switch to 3D while the window is in "restored" mode (ie not maximized), something doesn't work.

I think I have experienced this, and the result is that PowerDVD switches to fullscreen, but the picture is not 3D. Can't tell right now as I'm not home.

Exact !!! The problem is that !!! Technical assistence ask me to dxdiag, SN, etc., but "tempus fugit". I hope that the solution arrives very soon.
I now buy PowerDVD12.
The problem - not hard, but noiser - is that, ONLY in standard mode and full screen: when I switch from 2D to 3D, the screen is "translate" to right; a workaround is press refresh button (right-bottom: window mode/full screen), and all works fine.
I clarify that:
1) with cinema mode, all works fine;
2) with PowerDVD 10 Ultra, all works fine.
I hope Cyberlink release a patch very soon or somebody have a solution.
Thanks
Hi Michael, thanks for your reply and sorry for my incomplete question.
Now, as you request, I have ():
Intel i7 975 EE on Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Sapphire AMD HD 6870 v/ Panasonic TC-P50VT20 by HDMI 1.4 cable; all on Win 7 Ult 32 bit and PowerDVD 10 Ultra MarkII and, obviously, update to any latest version available (Win update day-by-day, driver Catalyst 10.12, Panasonic software 2505-10300 and Asus bios 110.
The PowerDVD 3D settings are: source-AUTO; device-HDMI 1.4 HDTV 720/60p (and identical screen resolution).
I also specify that I enable HDMI 1.4 HDTV 720/50p and 1080/24p (and identical screen resolution), but I have always the same problem: with PowerDVD v. 2324 and 2429, 3D doesn't work; the television "try" to enable 3D (I see OSD information "720/60p 3D") but, after 2-3 seconds, return on 2D (I see OSD information "720/60p WIDE"). In this contest, PowerDVD command bars (up and down) are invisible (black) at full screen and are visible only in window mode.
Instead, with PowerDVD 2113 (3D device setting as "HDMI 1.4 HDTV", without specification, not available) all works fine.
The technical support tell me that my Panasonic is NOT compatible, as BD & 3D Advisor report (also in latest v. 2.0.3631); this "solution", I think, is not correct, because BD & 3D Advisor is an indication, because Panasonic HDTV VT20 series was AMD HD3D compatible (was because now is indicated VT25, that is american series of european VT20) and - especially - because with PowerDVD 2113 ALL WORKS !!!
I hope in forum help, especially because BD 3D films in near future will can require a PowerDVD "force" update.
Hi, Silentd19.
I have a similar problem: no 3D on my hdtv.
I think the problem depends from v. 2325 of PowerDVD 10 and, now, from newest v. 2429.
In fact, with v. 2113 ALL work fine for me; my graphic is a AMD HD 6870 and works perfectly in 3D by HDMI 1.4 (and v. 2113 was ONLY for Nvidia HDMI 1.4: I don't understand).
When I install v. 2325 (dedicated to HD 6870), and now v. 2429, 3D doesn't work !!!
I ask to technical support, but the last response is that my TV (Panasonic VT20) is NOT compatible (but works with v. 2113 !!!).
I think your problem depends from the PowerDVD version, something of changed from 2113 to 2325-2429, that causes the problem.
Now I use v. 2113, but I hope that the newest film BD3D don't force me to update.
I follow the discussion and I hope the techincal support help me.
Go to: