Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Menus - but no 3D movie !!!!
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2010 05:44 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
Haven't had anything 3D for a while, and have just tried to play something and found the 3D not to be working - HOWEVER, the menu's ARE in 3D ????

This has either occurred since installing the latest patch OR since installing ArcSofts TMT5 - as the last time I watched 3D was at the start of November 2010, and have done both of the above since this.

ArcSoft TMT5 does play 3D, but I have a buffering type issue with that software (micro-pauses through movies on ALL movies - think it is due to framerate/hz).

It just seems strange that the menus/title screens are 3D - even when I bring-up a pop-up menu whilst the movie is playing, the movie continues in 2D with the menu in 3D !!!!

Any help is appreciated - I have tried reinstalling the latest PowerDVD patch (10 Ultra Mk2 - patch 2325) & do not want to start messing about uninstalling TMT5 as I need that due to an ongoing issue with PowerDVD10 and a handfull of the latest blu ray releases, where I have to revert to TMT5 as a back-up plan.

Regards,

Dean
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please post more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

you even do not describe what kind of 3D device you use so it will be hard to figure out what happens....

thanks and br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

The reason I didn't post the information is that it is totally irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that the menus are in 3D, but the movies are not - whilst up until 2 months ago, it all worked fine.

I have in the last 2 months installed the PowerDVD10 patch & installed ArcSoft TMT5 - looking at the latest Nvidia drivers released 8th Nov 2010, I will have installed these too.

3D works fine with games, and with TMT5, and strangely with the 'menus' in PowerDVD.

My initial thoughts, given that the majority of other people will have the latest NVidia & Cyberlink drivers/patches, are that perhaps the TMT5 has stolen some type of file protocol from PowerDVD ?

I'm basing this on the fact that the menus are 3D in PowerDVD, so it is processing 3D for this file type (whateve file type the still image menues are) but the actual movie footage isn't, so therefore PowerDVD is not processing these files properly.

As you have asked, the display is an Acer H5360 projector fed from a GTX480 via DVI-HDMI, and set at 720p @ 120hz.

Other than the above mentioned updates/installation, nothing has been changed on my PC, and no other software installed (other than obvious Window 7 64 updates & Norton 360 updates).

I can't see the latest NVidia driver being the issue, as there would be numerous people complaining about this issue, and similarly if it was the latest PowerDVD10Ultra Mk2 update - 2325)

I have unassociated all file association within TMT5, and made PowerDVD the default player for Blu-Ray, which hasn't helped (and in all fairness I didn't think would).

It is my understanding that the regedit produces an hierachy of codec's, and although I assume each programme uses its own/preferred, could it be that the later installed TMT5 software has put a codec at the top of the list, and this is in someway stopping PowerDVD from using it's????

Any help is appreciated - and as previously stated, I do not intent to uninstall TMT5 due to an ongoing issue with PowerDVD on a minor amount of movies which makes them irriating to watch, and thus needing TMT5 as a back-up piece of software.

Regards,

Dean
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok,

So I uninstalled PowerDVD, and reinstalled , and did a Registry Clean, and reinstalled - No change
So I uninstalled ArchSot TMT5, and did a Reg clean - still no change
So I uninstalled NVidia Graphics & 3D drivers & reinstalled - will still no change

As a last resort I uninstalled PowerDVD, and then reinstalled each patch one at a time (the first time I reinstalled PowerDVD above, it informed me of the latest patch & skipped all of the intermediate updates over the months).

The Mk2 1830 patch made the 3D work again !!!!!
The next patch (2113) still worked fine.

BUT the 2325 patch sucked! and 3D was lost again!!!!!

I'm now sticking with the 2113 patch, as I am using a Nvidia card & not an ATI, which was the main reason for the latest patch, and I do not suffer from any of the issues which the 2325 patch fixed.

I'm confirming this to Cyberlink Technical as it is an obvious issue, but would ask then anybody else with 3D issues try referring to the early 2113 patch to see if that resolves this, and to also let Cyberlink Technical know, as I worry that (like most companies) unless it affects many, they will do little to remedy it!

ps. I do still have a AV issue with some of the latest movies, as my old thread below, if anybody has a resolution for me on this?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14350.page

Regards,

Dean

GLuca72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 15:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Silentd19.
I have a similar problem: no 3D on my hdtv.
I think the problem depends from v. 2325 of PowerDVD 10 and, now, from newest v. 2429.
In fact, with v. 2113 ALL work fine for me; my graphic is a AMD HD 6870 and works perfectly in 3D by HDMI 1.4 (and v. 2113 was ONLY for Nvidia HDMI 1.4: I don't understand).
When I install v. 2325 (dedicated to HD 6870), and now v. 2429, 3D doesn't work !!!
I ask to technical support, but the last response is that my TV (Panasonic VT20) is NOT compatible (but works with v. 2113 !!!).
I think your problem depends from the PowerDVD version, something of changed from 2113 to 2325-2429, that causes the problem.
Now I use v. 2113, but I hope that the newest film BD3D don't force me to update.
I follow the discussion and I hope the techincal support help me.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

again - please post more info!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please also provide information about the 3D output/Device setting in PowerDVD 10 3D configuration menu

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

I know you have to ask the obvious, but it frustrates me that on the forum & on Cyberlink Technical I jump through hoops to rule out everything that I could have done wrong, when I know from day 1 that the problem is with Cyberlinks software!

But, since I know you do try your best to help;

The 3D setting is on Auto-detect, but I have also tried on manually selecting Nvidia 3D, which was what it was originally working on, and then stopped working on.

The output (which I have already confirmed) is from my Nvidia GTX480 via DVI-to-HDMI lead, which plugs into my Acer H5360 projector, which is on 120hz.

Like I said already, Arcsoft TMT5 works fine, and PowerDVD10 works fine upto patch 2113, and my 3D pictures & video I have taken work fine, and 3D gaming works fine - but as soon as the newer patch is installed, only the menus are in 3D on PowerDVD.

I have not tried patch 2429, as it only appeared yesterday, and will therefore try it this weekend - but I hold little hope for it!

Regards,

Dean

GLuca72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 15:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael, thanks for your reply and sorry for my incomplete question.
Now, as you request, I have ():
Intel i7 975 EE on Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Sapphire AMD HD 6870 v/ Panasonic TC-P50VT20 by HDMI 1.4 cable; all on Win 7 Ult 32 bit and PowerDVD 10 Ultra MarkII and, obviously, update to any latest version available (Win update day-by-day, driver Catalyst 10.12, Panasonic software 2505-10300 and Asus bios 110.
The PowerDVD 3D settings are: source-AUTO; device-HDMI 1.4 HDTV 720/60p (and identical screen resolution).
I also specify that I enable HDMI 1.4 HDTV 720/50p and 1080/24p (and identical screen resolution), but I have always the same problem: with PowerDVD v. 2324 and 2429, 3D doesn't work; the television "try" to enable 3D (I see OSD information "720/60p 3D") but, after 2-3 seconds, return on 2D (I see OSD information "720/60p WIDE"). In this contest, PowerDVD command bars (up and down) are invisible (black) at full screen and are visible only in window mode.
Instead, with PowerDVD 2113 (3D device setting as "HDMI 1.4 HDTV", without specification, not available) all works fine.
The technical support tell me that my Panasonic is NOT compatible, as BD & 3D Advisor report (also in latest v. 2.0.3631); this "solution", I think, is not correct, because BD & 3D Advisor is an indication, because Panasonic HDTV VT20 series was AMD HD3D compatible (was because now is indicated VT25, that is american series of european VT20) and - especially - because with PowerDVD 2113 ALL WORKS !!!
I hope in forum help, especially because BD 3D films in near future will can require a PowerDVD "force" update.