Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you for your timely response. I am using SR 2.1.0.4444 Standard.

Yes, upon reading your email and double checking, the Hot Key customization has been disabled. I am not sure why CL would take this feature away from its users. I really wish I had the previous version of SR, it worked perfectly & I could customize the keys. Can I get SR 1 back? If yes, can you direct me on where to download it?

I had been using my customized hot keys for SR for so long that when I got the upgrade, I didn't notice that they went back to the default keys. My mistake!

One suggestion might be that while the SR is "paused" a pop-up comes up on the screen to indicate the recorder is paused, I only notice a slight shift of the page when the recorder is paused and not very clear if it is in fact paused or not. Or perhaps some other indicator.

I am using PD 17.0.2126.0., not sure which version of PD I upgraded from.

The default keys do work for SR 2.1.0.4444 Standard.

Thank you.

Quote Hi,

Can you confirm :

Which version of SR you now have?

Can you still use the default hotkeys? -

• For my SR3 Deluxe 3.0.0.2774 F9 Start/Stop, F10 Pause/Resume, F8 Mic on/Off, F11 Webcam On/Off, F12 Screenshot

• For my SR2 Standard 2.1.0.4444 they are the same

• For my SR1 F10 Start/Stop F9 Pause/Resume

CL have carried out a preliminary confirmation of the issue but the default hotkeys should work, even if the customisation is unavailable.

Could you also confirm which version you upgraded from and you current version of PDR17?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I just noticed after upgrading my PD 17 that the Screen Recorder has had the hot keys disabled. Unbelieveable.

When I tried to record today, Cyberlink informed me that in order to get the hot keys enabled I will need to upgrade the Screen Recorder for $19.99. Seriously? What a great business model to reward loyal customers by charging us for functionality in a product that was free in the previous versions.

Screen Recorder worked perfectly fine last week prior to upgrading PD 17. This is how I am rewarded for paying for an upgrade?

Does anyone know how I can get the older version of Screen Recorder back without having to fork out yet another $19.99 to Cyberlink? I guess Cyberlink is adopting the airlines' philosophy, charge more - and provide less.

This is very aggravating.
Thank you Warry, I will check it out.
Anyone know how to quickly burn a .M2TS file to Blu Ray Disc without using the Power Director Create Disc?

The .M2TS file has been rendered using PD 16 and is about 38 Gb in size. I don't want menus or special features. I just want the movie to start when the Blu Ray disc is put into the player. Nothing fancy, but when I use Create Disc in PD, it takes hours to process & burn a disc.

I don't want to compress or change format, I have 50 Gb BD to burn to.

Suggestions? Thanks.

I tried Ashampoo but it errored out. I also used PD 16 to create disc without menus, it took over 8 hours to create the disc, but when I play the disc on multiple blue ray players, the video is choppy and hesitates.

Seems like PD should have a simple way to burn a .M2TS file to BDMV disc? Open for suggestions.

Thanks.
Thank you PlaySound.

Yes, I edited all my video clips with transitions and adjusted the lighting, therefore none of my video was elgible for SVRT rendering. I did learn a lot from this experience. I will try in the future to not make so many adjustments to my video files so hopefully the SVRT feature will assist with rendering times in the future.

When I got the settings, it appears I was very close with my selections for getting the best output possible. I am very happy with the results, even though it did take a few hours to render. I let it render while I am sleeping and it is ready for me the next morning.

Appreciate your input.

Regards.
It does not allow me to select SVRT, not sure why.

I produced the video with the settings I mentioned and it looks very good, I will save these settings in my custom profile for future movies.

Thanks for your timely response, any idea why my SVRT is grayed out? I can select the Intel Quick Sync Video button but not the SVRT for some reason.

Regards.
I have spent a great deal of time trying to determine the best settings for my particular needs, but the more I research, the more confused I get.

I am shooting video with a Panasonic "Full HD" 1920x1080 Progressive camera model HDC-SD90. I am using Power Director 16.

I have attached a copy of the details of the files the camera generates which utilizes the .MTS format. When I select properties for the files, It shows 1920 Width x 1080 Height; Data Rate 25967 kbps; Total Bitrate 26223 kbps; and 59.94 frames/second.

I want to produce the video at the highest possible quality to watch on my HD TV and my computer. I have 50GB DVDs to write on and I have a BluRay player, I also have a 4TB HDD on my computer.

I believe I should be using the following settings but not sure:

H.264; M2TS; AVC 1920x1080 60p (28 Mbps)

Are these the best setting for the highest quality for the video files I am getting with my Panasonic Camera? I do have a BluRay player and a 4k TV, so I would like to get the highest quality output as possible.

Thanks in advance.
I recently found a box of my old Hi-8 videos that I am now capturing and making digital so I can edit in Power Director 16.

The problem I have is the captured files (.avi) from my Sony DCR-TRV730 NTSC Digital 8 camera are very large. For example 84 seconds of captured video takes up 314 mb of memory.

I captured the videos on 2 different capture software and they both used the same amount of memory (314 mb / 315 mb).

I utilized "ScenalyzerLive" (yes very old) and Sony's "PlayMemoriesHome software" and as mentioned got the same memory requirements for 84 seconds of video clips.

I didn't see anywhere on the "PlayMemoriesHome software" settings to change the resolution or the capture size. I also looked at the camera menu to determine if it was set in such a way as to output such huge files.

I am very frustrated since 4 hours of unedited clips is 52.4 GB. The frame width is 720 and frame height is 480; Data rate 27286kbps; frame rate 29.97 fps; AUDIO: Bit rate 1536 kbps.

Are these parameters normal? Just seems high to me for some reason. Once I start editing them in Power Director, is there a way to shrink the output without affecting the quality? Or should I compress the clips prior to importing them into Power Director? If yes, can you suggest best way to compress the clips in batches?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I am in a rush to burn a couple of DVDs to take to my family for a unplanned trip and I fly out tomorrow. Mom's health is failing.

I have .m2ts files already produced and I just want to get them on DVDs to take home to show mom.

I have spent a lot of time researching to get a quick solution but still don't know how to quickly and easily burn a DVD to play on a Blu Ray DVD player from an .m2ts file stored on my hard drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW, I have PD 16 loaded and the .m2ts files were created using PD 15.

Thanks.
I recently upgraded to PD 16 from PD 15 and when I did, I no longer have my custom titles. Can someone tell me where these are stored so I can retrieve them and add them to the new PD 16?
PD 15 keeps freezing when I grab a transition and try to lengthen or shorten it while it is on the timline. It will work on a few but will then freeze up and I have to close the program utilizing task manager in windows. Very frustrating since this is a feature of PD 15 I like to use. In addition, when I use the Freeze Frame feature of PD 15 it seems to jerk when going from the video to the snapshot.

I am interested in PD 16 but not sure it will actually solve several of my glitches I am currently experiencing in PD 15.

Thanks.
When I open PD 15, I keep getting this message see 2nd attachment.

I have answered yes, and it is an older version of a different project I am no longer working on. If I say "no" it allows me to open a new project. How do I reset my "temporary file" so this does not happen and if I did in fact want to open a recent temporary file, I wouldn't get the most recent one I had recently auto saved but rather this older project that seems to be hung up in the folder.

Do I need to re-install my software?

Thanks for any adivce.
"I would like to slow them all down to 50% of normal speed," I wasn't clear, my apologies. I meant for the group of clips I would like to slow down to 50% of normal speed, I did not state what I wanted accurately. I do not want the entire video to be slow motion just the ones I wanted either individually or as a group of clips. I have gone in and individually selected every clip and/or group of clips and slowed them down -- manually, very time consuming. I believe it takes 6 selections for each clip to create a slow motion effect, seems overkill for such a simple effect.

Thought I should be able to batch process groups of clips and I was probably just overlooking it, but guess not.

I added dxdiag.

Thanks.
Quote The 'easy' answer is to first produce the project using your intended final profile and then import that file back into your timeline on it's own. Then adjust the speed.

I agree, it might be better to produce a "draft" just getting all my clips (hundreds of them) onto the timeline and produce the "draft" copy and then edit the "draft" produced version rather than the individual clips themselves, seems like I would be trading work, I would then have to cut and cleanup each clip in the produced version.

There are so many things I love about PD, but user interface is not one of them. For example, it takes 5 or more steps to slow motion a clip, unless as a newer user, I am just not getting shortcuts or quicker ways to use the many wonderful features the software offers. Just wish it had more short cuts for the items I use the most such as slow motion and transitions.

I think I may need to uninstall the software and re-install it. Many features seem to make my computer freeze up. Such as adjusting the duration of a transition by grabbing one end and either lengthening or shortening the transion on the timeline, crashes everytime.

Thanks for your help.
I have a video that is made up of multiple clips that I would like to slow them all down to 50% of normal speed. This is incredibly time consuming to do one clip at a time. But when I select multiple clips, the "Tools" feature disappears.

Any suggestions?
I opened a previous project from January 2017 and noticed small pink squares moving around on the title of my movie, the colored squares move around mostly linearly and changed colors from pink to green. It seems like this happened to me once before when I upgraded to a newer version of PD. Anyone else experience this? Do I have to delete and reapply my title segment to the timeline to get this to go away?

Thanks.

Robert
I have a .MT2S file on my desktop that I would like to now go back into PD 15 and burn onto a Blu Ray disc utilizing the PD 15 Menu features. I prefer not to have to go back through the entire process of "producing" the video and then "creating a disc, " since I already have the file processed.

When I tried to copy the .MT2S file directly onto a Blu Ray disc and then tried to play it in the Blu Ray player, I got an error that the file was corrupt and would not play.

Any suggestions? The .MT2S file on my desktop plays great on my PC but I need to burn it onto DVD and send it to my brother.

Thanks.
Tomasc,

Thank you so much for your timely reply. Yes, I had the wrong size disc selected. I took about a 6 month break from PD and seems like i forgot several of the basics.

Curious to know from the screen shot how you determined I had selected the incorrect disc 4.7 instead of 25 GB? I could not figure out for the life of me what I was doing wrong.

Thanks again.

Robert.
I have tried unsuccessfully to burn a copy of my brother's wedding onto DVD. I have had great success in the past editing and burning DVDs with no problem. However, now I get the message "This Disc Type Is Not Supported" when I insert a blank DVD into my Blue Ray burner.

I tried utilizing the menu system in PD 15 and the preview works fine. I also rendered the video into M2TS and MP4 and they both play fine on my computer. However, both times when I try to burn the dvd using PD 15, I get this error message. My computer did crash in June and I had to reinstall all my programs and I upgraded to PD 15 Ultra.

I am running Windows 10, latest version.

What setting do I need to change to get my burner to burn the DVD? I tried different blank DVDs to determine if it was the DVD, but that did not appear to help.

Please help, Thank You!

Robert
Thank you Shadowman, I will try your recommendation and reproduce the video tonight and let the forum know if that solved the problem.

Regards,

R.

Quote I believe I am having a problem with my .pds file becoming corrupt in PD 15.

When I play the video on the timeline, it is just fine the music and video are WYSIWYG and exactly the way I want it.

However, when I produce the video in PD 15, I do not get WYSIWYG. For example, about 1/2 through the video, I have music playing that I had previously deleted and replaced with another song. On the timeline however, the music is updated with the new song as I want it. Not sure how a song not even showing up in my timeline can play in the produced final video.

Then about half way into the produced video, the music stops all together and doesn't start playing again until about 10 minutes before the end of the video (about a hour gap). Again, on the timeline in my project, this does not occur.

My project is almost 2.5 hours long and I have learned a lesson that I should make smaller projects and then combine them into one big project to make a 2.5 hour video, this would make trouble shooting easier.

In addition to the audio issue, the video does something similar. Video clips are playing that were deleted in my project. Again, on the timeline it plays exactly the way I want, but when produced deleted scenes are coming up. I have probably 60 plus hours in this project and am very disappointed. This is the second time I have produced this same video and both times deleted music and deleted video clips are playing.

Prior to producing the video, I cleaned my computer with CCleaner Professional and rebooted. I have made several videos in the past and this is only the 2nd time my .pds file has become corrupted.

Any suggestions? Very frustrated here.

R.

Hi Rob

Not sure if this will help you, but there was a case recently where turning of Hardware Acceleration in preferences cured problems not unlike yours. It would be worth a try - switch HA off and try again.

Robert
Go to: