Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the response.

My workflow is to create my timeline in PD first. Then I apply color grading. The only way this will work (without work arounds) is for ColorDirector functionality to be integrated into PowerDirector.

BTW, CyberLink does not add their new features into CD. Things like AI Masking and Sky Replacement are only in PD. Does not help me because I use CD for color grading.
One more problem:

I apply a LUT and edit a clip in CD.
Return to PD.
Select another clip and do a Color Match with the clip from CD as the Reference.
The Target become black and white.

I hope I am doing something wrong and this is not really how Color Match works with a clip that was edited in CD.
I have recently been doing more color grading and I am noticing some big problems with the way color grading is done in PowerDirector and ColorDirector.

1. Color grading has to be done in CD because the tools in PD are way too basic and do not work very well (eg. the highlight slider).

2. CD has to be launched from PD each time you want to color grade a clip.

3. You cannot launch CD from PD with more than one clip at a time. This is a BIG problem.
Note: You can import multiple clips directly into CD but cannot load them into PD (if I there is a way to do it please let me know).

4. There is no integration between PD and CD like there is between Lightroom and Photoshop. If you make an edit in PD you cannot tweak it in CD because your edits will be lost.

Summary: Advanced color grading should be integrated into PowerDirector.

Please post comments if anyone agrees or disagrees with this.
If anyone is interested, following are MP4 formats that are supported. It is not very clear in the documentation. If anyone has a problem importing an MP4 file one of the following issues may be the problem:

chroma subsampling: 4:2:2 is not supported. You will not be able to import a 4:2:2 MP4.

10 bit video: not supported in XAVC S 4K (H.264). You will have to use another file format, like XAVC HS 4K (H.265).

Note that you have to create a custom profile to match your camera settings.

This is just what I found. Please comment if I am wrong about any of these.
Sebastian4711:

I noticed the same problem and opened a case with Cyberlink a couple months ago.

The Effects are unusable if you have to drag each one to the timeline to see the effect.

As you said, being able to apply the Effect to multiple clips would be a good feature.
I do not have the option to apply a LUT in Fix/Enhance. Hopefully this is not an option that was removed because applying a LUT in Effect Room does not allow a preview.

See attachment.

Thanks.
Thanks for the response. It looks like a ticket was opened in March, 2019 to request the program to track preresets but I guess it was never added.
I applied color presets to clips in a project. Is there a way to determine what presets were applied? When I click on the preset and go into fix/enhance it does not show the preset that was applied to the clip.
I am one more person having big problems with PD18. I have been using PD for many versions and I have never had problems like I am having now. I have already opened 3 tickets with support. Support just sends canned responses but they do not address my problems. If things do not improve I will scrap PD when my subscription ends.

Marc
3 clips. I have tried a few of the 3 clip templates - all the same problem. I do some adjustments to the collage, return to the timeline, then computer freezes.

I have been using PD for several versions and I have never had a problem like this.

Thanks.

Marc
I am using PowerDirector 365 and I just upgraded to the new release. When I try to create a video collage my computer freezes and I get the PD is Not Responding message.

I have never had an issue with any version of PB before.

Anyone else having issues?
Go to: