Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Apply LUT to multiple clips
Sebastian4711 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 08:46 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm on PD 365. I found out that LUTs and color presets are now part of the "effect room". So far, so good, but I've one remark and one question regarding LUTs:

1) The only way to see the effect seems to be drag-and-drop to the clip. It would be easier to just select the clip, and then to see the preview of a LUT in the preview window by selecting the LUT. Now, to try out different LUTs, you have to drag the LUT to a clip, see the results, remove the effect, try the next LUT etc.

2) Is there a better way to apply a LUT to multiple clips than dragging it to each clip seperately? Is it possible to somehow group clips and apply one LUT to the whole group? It would be great if PD had something like an "effect layer" which could span multiple clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2021 15:00

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Until the most recent update, LUTs were part of the Fix / Enhance tool and a preview was provided, and you may want to let CL know that you'd like to have the ability to preview and apply LUTs to multiple clips by using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from PD's File menu.

In the meantime, it might help to use Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) when cycling through a number of possible LUTs you've tried, then you can hover the mouse over the small orange "i" icon at the start of the clip to see the name of the currently applied LUT:

You can also click on the heart icon at the lower right of the LUT in the FX room and it will be added to My Favorites so you can easily find it later on:

marcwilk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2016 22:56 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Sebastian4711:

I noticed the same problem and opened a case with Cyberlink a couple months ago.

The Effects are unusable if you have to drag each one to the timeline to see the effect.

As you said, being able to apply the Effect to multiple clips would be a good feature.