Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just bought Transformers HD DVD and then tried to watch it with XBOX360 drive/PowerDVD/Win XP Pro -combination. There was no picture at all after menus. Then I downloaded 3730 -patch. Movie started but it was really choppy, like a PowerPoint presentation. With every HD DVD movie I own it is now the same thing. Even "old" Poseidon -disc which played smoothly before is now unwatchable.

When I opened task manager it was clear the reason was CPU overload: 98-100%. It seems PowerDvd can no longer use my AGP-Ati Radeon HD2400 Pro´s hardware acceleration.

What PowerDVD version should I try next? It is quite clear previous installed version (3120) can not play Transformers. Is there some kind of workaround solution even if there is no "permanent" fix?

This is not nice: I have legally bought software, equipment and disc but I can´t watch movie... It has not been easy with PowerDVD. Is buying a standalone player only "reasonable" way to watch HD DVD´s?
Go to: