Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thanks Pavel. I had the same exact issue with PowerDirector 15 and it almost ruined video of my family's first vacation. Your instructions helped much more than any of CyberLinks useless instructions.

Can't thank you enough and this fix/issue applies to PowerDirector 15 as well.

I am glad you could save your family vacation video : PD has some strong sides, but official support is not one of them.

How the heck do you know how to hack this? Brilliant work and thanks! I'd buy you a beer or two for that effort.

That is an understatement..."but official support is not one of them.". I left Corel Video Studio after many years of use as I grew tired of glitchy software and terrible customer support. And now Cyberlink PowerDirector? I moved to Adobe Lightroom from Corel Aftershot. Lightroom is brilliant program but certainly more expensive. Maybe I need to leave PowerDirector now. I had a job due last night and I couldn't deliver it on time because of this issue. I was just about to finish the project with Corel Video Studio but I found your troubleshooting effort (that seems to work for me to.)

Again Pavel, many thanks. And tsk tsk Cyberlink. From my searching, this issue seems to have been around since at least PD10 if not earlier.
Just a bit swamped at the moment. Where would I upload a clip for you to fiddle with?
Maybe that's it then. I'm so used to using Corel Videostudio Pro that I didn't appreciate that vastly increasing the editing power by using Cyberlink PD also vastly increased the rendering time. It does make sense.
Quote: I will assume that you are using the button on the bottom of the preview window then.

Do you have a video player (free) called VLC media player ? It has the capability to do the same function. It also does a better job of capturing detail. I tested it on a sample UH clip. The captured images were both the same UH aspect sizes however the image sizes were .7 mb (PD) versus 6.4 mb (VLC). Give it a try.

You may want to give us details of your PC and especially it's video graphics processor.

Thanks so much for this VLC tip. For all the years I used VLC, and all the headaches I suffered trying to get a snapshot from PD or VideoStudio, I never knew about the snapshot function of VLC. Cheers.
Thanks for replying kmjk333 and Barry. First, I need to do some digging into the settings...I haven't done anything with regard to encoding and decoding.
I've seen this mentioned a fair bit and I can't believe I've not heard of the term before...what is HA?
RE: PD14.

As I type, my 98-second clip has taken 41 minutes to process 51%. An estimated 39:05 to go. I did use Color Director to tweak a few things but OMG, what's taking it sooooo long. My CPU is only running at approx 65-71%.

My system is Windows 8.1 / i7-4790K / new Asus GeForce GTX 950 / 16Gb RAM / new power supply with lots of headroom. (Nothing is overclocked.)

The original clip is an MP4 taken by my Phantom 2 Vision+ at 1920x1080, 30fps. I'm rendering it the same. I have just moved from Corel VideoStudio Pro X8. VSPx8 utilized 100% of the CPU. PD14 certainly has many more features that VSPx8 but man, PD is super slow. I wonder if my system is set up incorrectly?
A different but related query...where does PD keep its lens profiles? I'm wondering if it's possible to hack a profile together based on existing profiles.
Thanks Tony and Barry for your replies.

I don't have PhotoDirector. I didn't get it while I moved from Corel to Cyberlink. I got the Ultimate Suite not the Directors Suite.

And yes, I have made a request for a profile and I am aware of the 2 DJI lenses.

(I do have proDAF Defisher software. It has a lens profile and it does video and stills. I was hoping for one less step in my workflow.)

Cheers,
Ian.
A primary camera of mine is the DJI FC200, the stock camera on their Phantom2 Vision+ quadcopter. Adobe Lightroom has a profile of this camera but Cyberlink products do not. However, I have the specs obtained from the profile used with Lightroom. Is there a way I can create a custom lens profile for PowerDirector 14?
Go to: