Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD 7 freeze on startup issue has changed for me.

I had an unrelated issue where an external USB3 hard drive was not recognized by Windows. The external drive worked fine on a USB2 port, but I needed the USB3 speed. So I opened my PC case and disconnected the internal USB3 cable to the front of my case. Then I connected the external drive to a motherboard port. External drive recognized, USB3 speed realized. Yay.

I wondered if that would fix my PhD7 issue. Well, yes and no. If I log in with a regular user account, PhD 7 continues to freeze on startup. If I login as an administrator, PhD 7 actually starts up. I guess that's progress.

So, how do I get PhD 7 not to freeze on startup when using a non-privileged account? Any ideas?

Thanks,

HSing
karab44, I tried that right after I read your post of 12/01/2016 09:51:49. The only USB devices I'm using at the moment are a USB mouse and keyboard. No effect. Thanks for pointing it out.

My problem is a new inistall, but the symptoms are similar to this thread. I purchased and installed PhD7, version 7.0.7123. The splash screen appears, but there is no mouse or keyboard control. Task manager > end task is required to close the app. I contacted customer support and opened CS001596830. Their response was for me to download and install version 7.0.6901. I did and the result was the same. I updated the ticket March 3 and have heard nothing back from them. Attached are 1) dxdiag.txt 2) Report.WER.txt, and 3) Application.event.log. You all know what the splash screen looks like.
Go to: