Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gday Barry.

If I was bitchin', I apologise. Wasn't the intention. I would start a thread if I needed something solved, but it's not necessary for me at this point. I have found my workarounds, and they will do until I finish this current project. Otherwise, I was just commenting on this thread and why I am interested in PD15.

cheers. Dave.
Quote: Hello, Dave[MacFurse58]!

Just as a matter of interest, are you in my old stomping ground, Stockton? or elsewhere(anywhere from Carrington to Wallsend)? Anyway, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome Neil. Maryland, so that fits your area I believe!!

I had some initial limited experience with Premier before buying into PD. Premier was a steep curve too, as was my DAW all those years ago. I really do try to get a good grip on what I'm using, so go the extra lengths to learn it as best as I can. I'm trying to produce a vid this time for release to CMC, so I'm bordering on a pro job, or as best as I can manage. So learning shooting techniques, editing etc, to take on a producers role for this, as well as the music, has been a challenge. I work full time as well, plus get around as a muso, so time is limited. PD itself is relatevely easy to get to the basics stage, but after that, particularly heavy editing and audio allignment, things take a different path. I signed up for the UDEMY course, and that helped a lot, but it was the technical problems that caused the most grief. And still do. I litterally cannot do more than 60secs of editing without the program crashing on me. So, edit, save, edit, save, crash, reopen, edit, save, etc etc, is the only way I can work. I am pretty good with computers and anything else technical, having been a tech most of my working life, but this experience has seriously tested my patience. Most issues for me came down to, and still do, graphics cards, drivers, USB and interface issues, and PD's reluctance to work with MOV files. So, no, I don't think PD14 is a friendly program for new users entering this world, but that almost goes for everything these days and companies strive to continally outdo each other with more and more features, without fixing some of the basic problems, that in some cases, have been going on for years and years. Cakewalk is no exception. Their current DAW still has not addressed basic problems with notation from more than 10 years ago. Sure, some of the new stuff is brilliant. But notation, and MIDI editing, for some, are a major part of their work, and it has been left behind and never addressed. So it's not just CL.

So I agree with some others in this thread at the basic level. Fix the areas that are oustanding in previous version before moving on to new ones. Seems almost ridiculous to have to say it IMHO. cheers. Dave.
Hi everyone. Especially to Neil. I'm not far from you.

This is an interesting thread. I've been lurking here, learning from you all, since last year. I have a small home studio, put out my first CD last year, and got out a very basic music vid in Jan this year, thanks to PD and you lot. I'm now working on album no.2, releasing the first song and vid within the next month I hope. PD14 has been a massive struggle/learning curve for me, of course!! Computer issues, camera troubles, PD14 issues, along with the task of learning all that I have needed to, to start these projects off. Joined a course, and fixed up PD with Optodata and the others assistance with the AVI conversions, and many many other useful threads.

The reason I've posted here was out of interest, particularly for PD15, which I hope for me, addresses some serious flaws and performance issues, that have mostly been overcome, but have left a not so nice after taste. Cakewalk staff, who have SONAR, my main DAW, actively visit the forum, assist users, take on board criticism, ideas, fixes, and now produce a monthly update. All new stuff, fixes and promises, are contained within each month's update, listed in a monthly ezine. They are still cagey sometimes, particularly with major releases, but on the whole, work with their users, to enhance and build the product. Apart from the contributions of all you wonderful users, I see none of that here whatsoever. Typical of most software companies ? Yeh, maybe, and probably, but does it have to be that way? I don't think so. I feel like CL couldn't care less about their users to be honest, and I'm very unimpressed. I bought the complete suite, at a good price, so that is not my issue. I will wait, it seems like everyone else here, to see what PD15 holds for me, but if things don't improve, I won't waste anymore time with this product. I'm not trying to be negative, really, it's just that I don't see myself supporting a product, if I don't feel like the support is a two way street.

Just thought a relatively new users point of view might be of interest. Once again though, I thank you all for your efforts. I could not have got as far as I have without this forum. Cheers. Dave.
Go to: