Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi
I've been following the process suggested above by Jcar, but I am noticing that file I produce is smaller (in Mb/sec) than the original, and am concerned that there might be image detail etc. that is being lost in the process.

for example:
Both input & output are in 1920 x 1080, and same length (10secs) both 24fps, both 48Khz audio sample rate.

Raw footage from my Canon 5Dmk3 DSLR: MP4 in All-I format has a data bit rate of @ 82,000kbps. file size is @ 100Mb

Produced H264AVC MP4 footage from PD14 using the highest possible output bitrate of 60,000 kbps option (but actual bitrate on the produced footage was @44,000 (54% of the original). File size @55Mb

So this prompts me to ask 2 questions:

Is there a way to retain more of the original file size (to allow max. control at the final editing stage)

Is there any alternative methodologies that are "lossless"?

thanks in advance.

I'm running a series of test outputs using different profiles / file formats and notice that the files that are being output as QuickTime MOV files will run ok and the visuals are fine, but there is no sound

I've tried a number of video players like Quciktime player and Windows Media Player but the result is the same.

Any ideas on what could be causing this please?

PowerDirector 14 (latest version)

thanks in advance
Thx
THis will help.
Say you have a 5 min clip imported into PD14, which when you have edited it and only need say 1 minute of, leaving you with 4 minutes of raw unused and unneeded footage stored on your hard drive (which all adds up pretty quickly!)

Is there a way inside PD14 to delete the unwanted sections of a clip from your hard drive? (I know we can delete an entire clip from the disk, but this about the unwanted sections of a clip)

If there is no solution within PD14, can I ask:

What are the best ways to “prescreen” the raw footage to at least “thin it down” before importing into PD14?

What other ways do people deal with all the unwanted gigabytes of video they accumulate over time?!

Can Cyberlink look into adding this feature please?

Thanks in advance
I have a project in PowerDirector 14 with around 20 video clips (all on the same track) and I wanted to reduce the "hiss" of the audio.

So starting with the first clip I edited it in WaveEditor (round tripping back into PD14) I got a decent improvement in sound quality by using 10% noise reduction.

Then when I exited WE, it saved the clip back to the right place. perfect!

But is there a way to replicate that 10% noise reduction easily across ALL the other video clips as a batch?

Thanks in advance.
Many thanks tony!
Thanks Carl, thats very helpful for item that are in the video "timeline"

Is there any way to do this "At source" to a PiP Object, so that the settings stay with it for the next time you want to use it?

After building and saving a PiP Objects is it possible to alter its overall duration, NOT when placed into a timeline on a one-time basis, but in the saved PiP Object, so each subsequent use is the new duration too?

Also, related to this issue, can I ask if the only way to alter the duration within the "Pip Builder" module is to have already set the length of the "title" default in Preferences under "Edit"? Or is there a way inside the "Pip Builder" module to do it too. It would be really helpful to have the option there...

Thanks in advance
I have created a simple PiP Object based around a single photographic image which involves a number of the position / scale / opacity etc. keyframe actions, and I'd like to replicate this same PiP numerous times, but with a different picture in each execution.

Is there a way to "swap" out just the picture without having to build all the keylines actions up again from scratch around it again please?

Thanks in advance
Hi Steve
Yes, I rebooted the PC (its had a few since then)
I assigned all the dzt, dzp, etc. to Direct Zone Menu

thanks.
Hi Carl

I've tried double clicking and also highlighting and using "Open with" Direct Zone Menu. Niether work...

thx.
Hi
thanks for the info. I've reinstalled the extractor program and checked that all the files types are correctly assigned, but its still happening....

Does anyone know if Cyberlink are actively trying to solve this issue? Its clearly quite widespread, and its unfair on users to have to try and "riddle" this out when its something more intrinsic to the software.
I'm running PD14, and when I try to download templates etc from http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/ I am repeatedly getting an error message.

1. I download the *.dzt or*.dzp

2. As directed I click on the downloaded file

3. I get the attached error message most of the time

"The dowloaded PiP Template cannot be installed because some files are missing or the file is corrupted. Try downloading it again or select another template"

Are others having this sort of problem?

Any ways to get around this issue?

thanks in advance.
Many Thanks Carl!
If you have a number of clips of a very similar activity (like in this case I have around ten different peices of footage of a hockey game) that all require essentially the same overall "corrections" before you start creating a final cut. Is there a way in PowerDirector 14 to do this task as a batch?

Or is there a way to save the settings applied to one peice of footage and then "copy and paste" these settings onto all the other similar peices? (A la Lightroom with still images)

In this case I am looking to use the same settings in Fix / Enhance for; White Balance, Exposure, Sharpness, Shadows across ALL the raw footage.

Many thanks in advance.
Go to: