Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thank You, man, for reporting this to Cyberlink. This "bug" was in PowerDvd since forever and it so annoying to go to setting every time after switching discs type.
In PDVD19 BD plays with HD sound after switching from dvd. But DVD still plays with PCM after BD. There is definitely improvement

Correct. This bug has been around since forever. I have PowerDVD Live, so I have used every version since v12.
v19 has other issues passing through bitstream multichannel audio with UHD discs and Cyberlink told me that it isn't officially supported (I have a thread here in the forum for v19). So I had to revert back to v18, as it works a LOT better with UHD discs and passes Atmos/DTSX to my sound processor.
Cyberlink Support has reproduced this issue and found it to be a bug. They will fix it sometime in future and haven't provided a date for the fix.
Try a different computer browser. I logged a ticket with them today for an issue I have and it worked fine for me.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Try sending Cyberlink support an email. I think you could be running into a Powerdvd bug.
Did u enable SGX in your BIOS? I have a MSI board with the same chipset and I needed to enable SGX in the BIOS. Secondly, are you sure your monitor is HDCP 2.2 compliant?
The ASUS Prime Z390-A has integrated Intel 630HD graphics, so you can use that to play UHD discs without the need for an external graphics card.

Note - If you need to play 4k@60fps, then you'll need to use the displayport, as the HDMI port is only v1.4 and will not support 4k@60. There are displayport->HDMI adapters available that you can plug into the displayport at the bck of your motherboard and connect your HDMI cable to the adapter to get 4k@60fps.

https://www.amazon.com/CAC-1080-DisplayPort-Adapter-displays-4096x2160/dp/B077JB28KM/
Does no one else have this issue? This clearly seems to be a bug that Cyberlink should fix.
Quote HI all,

I've been reading up on drives and purchased a few drives which all fail to work with PowerDVD18. The couple I have which have older firmware to make UHD Friendly dont work with PowerDVD.

Can anyone share the best drive to use for UHD playback and their firmware you are using?

I'd prefer to find a drive which I don't need to backport to older firmware.

Thanks,
Eric

So you want an "official" drive and not a "friendly" drive. I think this one would be a good option:
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-211UBK
Quote " U " without Ctrl.

It is not listed in the document.

Thanks, that worked!
So it's a documentation bug
All,

I play DVDs and Blu-rays with PowerDVD 18 on my HTPC. I am passing audio over HDMI to a sound processor connected to a 7 channel amp. Thus I need the output mode to be set correctly for each mdeia type or else the surround sound doesn't work:

For Blu Rays, I use "Non-decoded high definition Dolby digital/DTS"
For DVDs, I use "Non-decoded Dolby digital/DTS"
Issue 1: When I switch to DVDs after playing Blu rays, power DVD defaults to "PCM decoded by PowerDVD".
Issue 2: When I switch to Blu Rays after playing DVDs, power DVD defaults to "Non-decoded Dolby digital/DTS".

This clearly seems to be a bug or maybe there is a way to force the preferred output mode for each media type?
Hi

I am programming my Logitech Harmony remote to send a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off primary subtitles. The hotkey for this Ctrl+G, as listed here:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/18/pc-mode/enu/index.html?13_00_00_hotkeys.htm

I was able to program the remote to do this and it worked with no issue, except that this only works for Blu-Rays and not DVDs.
Is there a similar hotkey for DVDs? (Note - I am not looking for secondary subtitles, for which the hotkey is Ctrl+U)

Thanks,
Shashank
Go to: