Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The PIP designer has no place to enter degrees of rotation any finer than 1 degree at a time (the same as the on screen rotation). Sure - you can enter up to 0.00001 into the field, but it'll just round it to the nearest degree so it's useless for that.
PIP is also harder to use since rotation means literally that. It spins the video. It isn't designed to just allow you to straighten the horizon. You can use keyframes so it doesn't spin as it's played by copying the initial keyframe. But you'd never use PIP to level a video unless like you said you can enter incremental degrees - which from what I see I can't. I'm running the latest PD 16 update so as of today I don't see it.
Unless you can provide details as to where you can enter the 0.01 degrees I have to disagree with you. You can't do it! (And if you can it's crazy they won't let you do it on the main editor).
It's not just PD with this issue. The Windows 10 Photo editing app only allows picture rotation of 1 degree at a time. 1 degree for editing pictures or video is simply not enough. A human eye can often see a degree - especially if there is a perfectly horizontal line in the frame that's off by say 1.5 degrees.

Quote Hi,
A much finer degree of rotation is available in the PiP Designer module. Difficult to test accuracy without some sophisticated gridlines, but increments of .01 degrees can be entered.
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I agree - if your tripod is slightly off horizontal you might need to adjust 1/2 or 1/4 of a degree so it looks correct. I'm using PD16 and it's still only able to rotate 1 full degree at a time.
And even with snap turned off the quick rotate circle snaps to 90 degrees so it's basically unusable for a small horizontal adjustment. You must use the power tool, which as mentioned can only rotate in full degrees which is not nearly fine enough.
Quote Adding smaller increments in the rotation would be another great suggestion for the "Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion" post
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40351.page

1 degree increments is not enough finite control for fine adjustments.
Go to: