Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
K-Lite Codec solved the problem editing and converting AVI files on Windows 10 with PD 14. Also allowed Windows Media Player to correctly play AVI and MP2 files. Thanks!

As an aside, I wanted to note that prior to installing the codec pack I downloaded and installed Windows Movie Maker (as part of the Windows Essential Software Suite - circa 2012 I believe) just to see if it functioned, and it handled AVI files perfectly. Output options were limited (could not create MP2 - only MP4).

I'm disappointed that Cyberlink did not jump on this issue quicker (and as far as I know, still have not resolved it within their software). I paid to upgrade from PD 13 to 14 after migrating to a Windows 10 machine to see if that would solve the problem, and it was just a waste of money.
Go to: