Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I have a Surface Book 2 with the NVidia 1060. When I go into NVidia control settings, PowerDirector won't let me choose the discrete GPU. Adobe Lightroom does allow me to choose the NVidia. I have changed the global settings in NVidia Control panel to use the discrete GPU, but when I start PowerDirector, the integrated Intel 620 is still being utilized.

How do I get PowerDirector to use the discrete GPU that I bought with this Surface Book 2 specifically for this purpose?

Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition that is on the Surface Book 2.

I have the same problem with the Surface Book 2 13.5 inch with the GTX 1050.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

It's the way your device is configured rather than an issue for Power Director. I have a good gaming Laptop with an i7 processor and a GTX 1060 graphics card. PD17 ignores the GTX1060 and renders using my i7 iGPU. It renders fast and accurately, so I could care less that it doesn't choose to use the GTX 1060. You could reconfigure your Surface Book so that PD uses your GTX 1050, but someone with more knowledge than I would have to tell you how to do that. cool

I tried forcing the graphics card to stay on all the time but PowerDirector still ignores it. Seems to be a common problem on these threads with PD 14,15 and 16. Was wondering if anyone knew if they'd fixed it in 17. Every other application knows what to do except Powerdirector. Very frustrating.
Hi,

I have currently been using Powerdirector 14 and have had no issues with it. I have recently picked up a Surface Book which has an integrated graphics UHD 620 and a dedicated GTX 1050 in the base. With PD14 I have not been able to get it to use the dedicated graphics no matter what I tried. My question is if I upgrade to PD 17 has this been solved? Will I be able to get it to use my dedicated graphics card?
Hi,

I'm new to audio recording and am looking at recording a podcast. I have AudioDirector 6 and 2 x Samson Q2U mics. I was wondering if there was a way to use Audio Director to record the two mics as separate left and right channels into the program? Or do I need to use a mixer or two computers. I have seen info on the web that says I can record both into one channel.

I knew this would be a limitation with usb mics and they do have XLR outputs but I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this. AudioDirector will actually let me select the two different mics in the mixer section but when i come to record it'll only recognise one.

Thanks.
Go to: