Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 vs PD 14
airslap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2015 06:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have currently been using Powerdirector 14 and have had no issues with it. I have recently picked up a Surface Book which has an integrated graphics UHD 620 and a dedicated GTX 1050 in the base. With PD14 I have not been able to get it to use the dedicated graphics no matter what I tried. My question is if I upgrade to PD 17 has this been solved? Will I be able to get it to use my dedicated graphics card?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have currently been using Powerdirector 14 and have had no issues with it. I have recently picked up a Surface Book which has an integrated graphics UHD 620 and a dedicated GTX 1050 in the base. With PD14 I have not been able to get it to use the dedicated graphics no matter what I tried. My question is if I upgrade to PD 17 has this been solved? Will I be able to get it to use my dedicated graphics card?

It's the way your device is configured rather than an issue for Power Director. I have a good gaming Laptop with an i7 processor and a GTX 1060 graphics card. PD17 ignores the GTX1060 and renders using my i7 iGPU. It renders fast and accurately, so I could care less that it doesn't choose to use the GTX 1060. You could reconfigure your Surface Book so that PD uses your GTX 1050, but someone with more knowledge than I would have to tell you how to do that. cool
airslap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2015 06:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

It's the way your device is configured rather than an issue for Power Director. I have a good gaming Laptop with an i7 processor and a GTX 1060 graphics card. PD17 ignores the GTX1060 and renders using my i7 iGPU. It renders fast and accurately, so I could care less that it doesn't choose to use the GTX 1060. You could reconfigure your Surface Book so that PD uses your GTX 1050, but someone with more knowledge than I would have to tell you how to do that. cool

I tried forcing the graphics card to stay on all the time but PowerDirector still ignores it. Seems to be a common problem on these threads with PD 14,15 and 16. Was wondering if anyone knew if they'd fixed it in 17. Every other application knows what to do except Powerdirector. Very frustrating.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

I tried forcing the graphics card to stay on all the time but PowerDirector still ignores it. Seems to be a common problem on these threads with PD 14,15 and 16. Was wondering if anyone knew if they'd fixed it in 17. Every other application knows what to do except Powerdirector. Very frustrating.

There are several members here with Nvidia GTX cards, and PD17 optimizes their systems to use those cards within PD. That's why I say it's a configuration issue. One of the techies here might be able to guide you regarding this.