Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had submitted an extensive post yesterday, to realize it never got posted.

So here is an abridged version: you guys got me exploring things I would not have considered otherwise.

My DJI Phantom P3 records at a (maximum) of 60mbps. The problematic clip came from a collection of 5 clips I recorded on that shoot. I checked frame rate ane bitrate on each: frame rate was 23 f/sec; bit rate varied between 57 and 59mbps.

ynotfish's comment about something else that the bitrate was good insight: that one clip was 7min, but only the first 1min15 seconds was recorded properly. When playing beyond that time, all I see if the frame of 1min15. Something corrupted that recording, and I could not salvage the balance. The shot I submitted is from the usable 1min15.

I did some tests, removing that one clip, and the rest rendered beautifully (especially when I match the original file format, e.g 4K Mp4).

Moral to my story: even if one portion of a questionable clip doesn't look corrupted, assume it is.

My faith in PD is restored :

Complementary question: There are times I will want to render at a different resolution than recorded. Any tips so the quality doesn't suffer?

Cheers, and thanks!
That is what I said ; What I did not make clear is that I can not modify that muted setting. I can't click on that icon to increase the volume. When I raise the volume on the 'sound mixer', it does not overrule this 'muted' setting.
I have the same problem and I've checked all the options PlaySound suggested in that file.

I have imported into my library

• a video with audio

• an mp3 song file

Both play from the library fine, but when I include either in the timeline, the sound is muted (as per attached screen capture), and I can not override this. PD won't let me unmute or adjust audio level.

I do not have this problem in PD13, only PD14 (I have them both installed).
My apologies, I had not read that post. I include three attachments:

1- PD version & build screen shot

2- DxDiag.txt

3- video excerpt. This is the 4K output I get. Note the ground in front of the cottage, and the roof; then the tree line on the other side of the river for the 'pixelation'. I wish to understand what causes that pixelation and the remedial action I should take.
Hi folks,

I've seen many comments on the forum about how wonderfully well PD handles 4K. This is not my experience: every time I render a video in which I used a 4K source clip, no matter what resolution I render at (tried 1080 and 4K), I get some blocky artefacts and pixelation in portions of the screen.

My source clip is 4K from a Phantom 3 drone, in Mp4 format and it looks beautiful on media player. It's the rendered product which is not stable.

I've upgrade from PD13 to 14; I've upgraded my video card, I've down-converted my 4K video to 1080, and I still get the same results. I've ensured the project frame rate is 24fps.

I don't know what else to do. I hope someone has come across, and resolved this.

Help? please?
Go to: