Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio will not play
WCE123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2015 13:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Wedding video going great got to the speaches no audio, it is showing on the time line and I can play the clip with VLC media player all fine with audio and video - HELP,

Cheers

WCE123
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Have you muted the audio, see if there is a tick next to the track Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Steve Slechta [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis, MO, USA Joined: Apr 28, 2015 09:10 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
If you can't get the audio to play in PD after you try Shadowman's suggestion, you could right-click on the video file in the media folder list and export audio to .WAV. That may be a way to resurrect it. Steve S.
Windows 10 64-bit / Dell Precision T5400 / Dual Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz Quad Cores / 10 GB RAM / EVGA GTX 970 / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB HD / PD14 Ultimate
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Are all audio muted. Then check the spkr icon below the Preview window to see that the volume is not off and it is not muted with a slash.
[Post New]
Some possible causes no audio in Pd13 (settings)
[Thumb - not audio pd13.jpg]
 Filename
not audio pd13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Wedding video going great got to the speaches no audio, it is showing on the time line and I can play the clip with VLC media player all fine with audio and video - HELP,

Cheers

WCE123
Are the Speeches in a audio track that is separate from the normal Stereo audio tracks? Such as a second audio track.

If they are, you can use VLC to extract a WAV of the speeches, that add that to a audio track in Powerdirector. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

FFoulem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2015 07:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem and I've checked all the options PlaySound suggested in that file.

I have imported into my library

• a video with audio

• an mp3 song file

Both play from the library fine, but when I include either in the timeline, the sound is muted (as per attached screen capture), and I can not override this. PD won't let me unmute or adjust audio level.

I do not have this problem in PD13, only PD14 (I have them both installed).
[Thumb - sound.PNG]
 Filename
sound.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have the same problem and I've checked all the options PlaySound suggested in that file.

I have imported into my library

• a video with audio

• an mp3 song file

Both play from the library fine, but when I include either in the timeline, the sound is muted (as per attached screen capture), and I can not override this. PD won't let me unmute or adjust audio level.

I do not have this problem in PD13, only PD14 (I have them both installed).
You audio on the preview player is muted or the volume slider is all the way down.

See image.
[Thumb - sound.png]
 Filename
sound.png
[Disk]
 Description
Click on this button and raise the volume or unmute
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

FFoulem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2015 07:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
That is what I said ; What I did not make clear is that I can not modify that muted setting. I can't click on that icon to increase the volume. When I raise the volume on the 'sound mixer', it does not overrule this 'muted' setting.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That is what I said ; What I did not make clear is that I can not modify that muted setting. I can't click on that icon to increase the volume. When I raise the volume on the 'sound mixer', it does not overrule this 'muted' setting.

Are you saying clicking the speaker icon at the bottom of the volume slider is not functional? Volume slider position does not govern mute speaker, the speaker icon does. That should remove the line through the speaker.

Jeff
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Are you editing in non-real time? Audio is muted in non-real time editing. Click on the two oblong shapes under the preview screen and make sure real time editing is selected Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,