Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote PD18 can support multiple audio tracks, but only in the mkv container. With a multi track mkv file in the media library, right click on it and the tracks will appear under "Audio Languages". You can extract each track and then add or mix on the timeline as desired.

Since you have a mp4 with multiple tracks, you will have to use a third party utility to convert to mkv or select the particular audio track during encode and use this video in PD18.

Jeff

You would think PD would have adapted to having multiple audio tracks without it having to be mkv. I record with Nvideo Geforce Experience and other free editors import the mp4 into seperate audio tracks without issues, but PD that I pay for does not?
Amazing that this is still an issue with PowerDirector in year 2023. Adobe Premiere you can just hold down Alt or Control and drag the edges of a video and move the video in any area of the video. Why is this such an issue with PD? They should take out the word crop and just say "zoom" as that is the main issue here. No matter what you try and do with or without mainting aspect ratio, the video will always zoom in. Just don't get it.

If you have the default transition type set to "Cross" in pref you get this video only behavior. If you change to "Overlap" in pref you will get audio transition automatically applied, then you can manually change to "Cross" and maintain.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, appreciate it. Saw that in the preferences. Thanks for the reply
Quote Transition Fade, PD18 / 365
Some ways to apply transition to video and audio.
In the video follow the movement of the mouse.

But my PD 365 only does the video portion now. It did not use to do this. Why is it only allowing for video and not the audio as the YT video shows??
Oh wow, thanks guys for the fast reply and the advice! You rock and I am loving PD as well.
Hello everyone,

New to the forums so bare with me. Recently purchased PowerDirector 14 and I have watched several YouTube videos to try and find this answer and even on this site as well and no help for my question.

Here is what I want to achieve. I created a nice video edit, I want to now 'Produce' the video. Its late at night now, and I want to produce it 'online' to YouTube in particular. I picked the Profile Full HD Quality 1920x1080. Thinking with how YouTube will allow a full HD at 60fps, I figured this would be the best choice. I select the Shut down PC after this production is complete. Off to bed I go, wake up in the morning and notice the video is just not the quality that i wanted. I look at the produced video and its just shy of being 30fps.

I changed my "Set User Preferences" to 60fps among other things to get it to do a auto production in all future videos. I also went into Standard 2D H.264 AVC and dropped down to MP4 and set my custom profile to a nice 60fps as well. Once again I moved to Produce onlne YouTube, Why is my Profile not showing up there. Its as if the program just has default settings for Profile and the closest one would be Full HD Quality 1920x1080. YouTube allows 60fps and that is what I want it to be. How can I get this to produce at this 'online'. I can do this myself If I wait about 45 minutes, but remember I want to do this online, let it produce and let me carry on to work or go to sleep while all this is taking place.

Surely the newer PowerDirector 14 is not updated to match the 60fps that YouTube allows users online now does it?

Before you ask, yes I captured this footage in Full 60ps with my HDpro 60 Elgato Capture card and like I mentioned before, I can do all of this manually. I just want to take full advantage of my PD 14 that I bought.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Go to: