Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Kind of hard to submit a problem if the "Select Question Type" has no dropdown and the form won't let me submit without selecting one of the items which do not exist. Get with it guys! Quality control on your web page stinks!
I got into this because I was making video of my grandson just after delivery from maybe 40 feet away hand held video zoomed way in. Very shakey even with the camera's stabilization. Needed magic fix stabilize, and I needed to pan and zoom to get his little winkey out of the picture. He would kill me when he got older if I didn't.

I was able to get PD6 to do that by applying stabilize to the same clip moved to the PIP track and a black from the colorboard in the master video track (really not necessary) of the same length. I then resized the PIP clip to larger than the video screen so it completely covered the video and then some. Now I got a little extra zoom and could pan it as needed.

If I can do that in the PIP track why can't they provide it in the master video track?
Maybe this should be split into two effects, since PD6 allows multiple effects to be applied to a clip. Let one effect be pan and another zoom. Give them slider-type controls kind of like that for controlling the audio volumme only make the slider 2-d for pan (a rectangle) so one could drag around the pan. Make both effects editable kind of like volume works in the Audio Mixing Room.

Given these tools, Magic Fix stabalize could be changed to build the above effects instead of being some kind of special effect. Then it would be possible to edit the results of the stabalize magic fix when it gets confused.

There seems to be a problem in PB6 applying any effect to a clip which has had magic fix applied. Also, trying to apply a second effect to and effect in the effects track really causes a mess and can crash PD6.
Go to: