Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry Jeff R 1, but defeating AACS as you suggest (with AnyDVD or DVDFab) is a bit outside legal bounds, I'm afraid.

I very much doubt that CyberLink are in the game of suggesting you to do such things in order to play an ISO!

My understanding is that PowerDVD 15 Ultra supports playing ISOs (as they claim in the product description), obtained as 1:1 backup copies of the original BDs, of course with the AACS left intact.

I can perfectly play any optical discs.

Next I will have a look into my monitor setup, to see if the HDCP is OK. I've got a dual monitor setup over DVI from an NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 card.

Can dual monitor setups give any problems like that?
By chance, I found a method to free the ISO from PowerDVD's claws: mount then unmount the ISO with another virtual drive utility, DaemonTools, PowerISO, or the likes.

Of course, this doesn't solve PowerDVD's bug, though.

Since you guys have far more experience with this SW than me, please have a look at my topic, you may come up with some solutions:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45524.page

I'm just trying to play ISOs without decryptors running, 1:1 ISO backups.

I have logged a ticket with Customer Support, but I'm just being ignored. My money were genuine, though...
Please help!!

PDVD15 fails to play any encrypted iso BD files.

I have tried:

1) The method described in help, driver installed, etc;

2) Previously mounting the ISO on a virtual drive (PowerISO of DVDFab Virtual Drive);

3) Attempted playing the unpacked folder.

Each time I get the message: "CyberLink PowerDVD could not decode the current video because of the
content protection. Try playing the original copy of this video."

All ISOs are 1:1 images from original discs, not decrypted, obtained with PowerISO 6.3.

Not being able to play BD ISOs defeats the object of purchasing PowerDVD in the first place, since this is the only feature I need from this SW.

Cyberlink BD & 3D Advisor gives a pass on all items.

Many thanks!
Go to: