Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the updates on this serious privacy issue.
Thank you so much, this is very useful.
Regardless, this is very good information and it's good that it has been made public.
Interesting, and HEVC hardware encoding is somehow a major new feature in PowerDirector 15, although as you mentioned almost no cards support it.
"I'm not counting UHD BD support as a missing feature cos it was never meant for this version."

Why not? When did they announce that?
As stated above there already are drives that can read the information on UHD disks. It's more of a question of firmware and software at this point. Since CyberLink is one of the very few if not the only company still selling software Blu-Ray players, it's pretty much in their hands to drive for it.

Note Cyberlink has been a member of the Ultra-HD Blu Ray Development Group since October of 2015.
I definitely want to know the answer to this question.

Until PowerDVD supports UHD this is a NO BUY from me.

Let's be honest here, the upgrades in the last few years were minimal at best.
Hello folks,

I have a 750 Ti and under Produce I cannot activate "Fast video rendering technology". Is this expected? Is GTX 960 really the only card that supports HEVC hardware encoding with PD14? I cannot find documentation about this on the Cyberlink website. I actually upgraded to PD14 just for hardware acceleration

Also, I find this message on the PD14 system requirements page quite weird: "PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver."

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
Go to: