Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
These posts about Atmos really annoy me, so I'm going to jump in and give it my 2c.

A receiver with Dolby Atmos is able to upscale standard non ATMOS tracks to be able to utilise the overhead and extra speakers as it is in some cases a Replacement for Dolby Prologic IIx/z.

So if PDVD is able to support a prologic renderer why would it then not be able to read and distribute the minimal data included in a THD7.1 audio track to upmix to atmos?

What I'm not quite understanding is why people are going on about a PC only being able to support up to 8 channels. What does that matter?

Right there is a 5.1.2 ATMOS Set up.

Sure its not the most desired format, but it would still give a decent 3D Audio Space.

And to be able to tell your computer that you are sacrificing your Rear Left and rights for Height Left and Rights should be a cake walk for mostly any PC and Prosumer Media player such as Power DVD.

The other thing I don't understand, and if someone can please educate me on this (Please). What makes a Dolby Atmos game any different to the object based audio games that we already have? Height? And if that is it, surely it will make its way to the PC soon anyway, yea?
Go to: