Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My experience is that it organizes DVDs by folder name and videos by file name. I haven't seen that it uses Metadata at all.
Quote I am having more problems. When I imported PDVD 17 settings and tried to go to my music library, the application hung and would not respond. I uninstalled 18, removed settings and tried again, but only added movies and tv shoes, my music library is quite large.

Movies added fine, but you are correct, no titles like were displayed in PDVD 17. TV shoes did not repopulated. It added the first 2 seasons of the first show and then all I get is the rotating starburst. No titles added.

I need to try and reload PDVD 17 and see if I get my media library to repopulate.

I do not have a NAS, I have a tower with hard drives and letters.

Something is wrong with scanning and populating the media library.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I doubt that reloading 17 is going to fix the issue. I uninstalled 18 and reinstalled 17 and the titles were there, that's how I got the screen shot with the titles. I installed 18 without uninstalling 17 and the issue continued. I figure I'll just wait until it is patched.

As far as being a network issue. I thought a bit more about that and since the title information comes from the directory that the disk information is stored, if it can see the movies there is no reason it can't see the directory name it is pulling from.
Uninstalled v18 and reinstalled v17, the titles returned.

v17 with titles

Upgraded to 18 without installing 17 and all of the titles went away again.
Quote Hi Kilroy,

All movie and TV show names load fine in my PowerDVD 18. It looks like PowerDVD is having issue accessing information over your network for some reason.

Dave

Did you blank out your media libarary and not just upgrade to 18? I uninstalled 17 and installed 18. I'd agree with a network issue if I wasn't getting the covers. Since I'm getting the covers and the title for the ISO, I don't think it is a network issue.
Are you talking about movie cover or online movie info that are mapped to your imported movies?
They are from Moovielive.com, if you can't locate one on the online movie database for sepecifc language or region, then powerdvd cannot map the cover for your movies. They all come from cyberlink's online movie portal, or you can assign your photos as a custom cover art by right clicking.

No, if you see under the images there is no title. In version 17 the title of the movie was there and you could search by title. All I have is the cover art and you can't search by the cover art. Previously they all looked like the In Time disk and I could search by the title of the folder the disk was in. In Time happens to be an ISO file.

Example with text

My disks are stored like this

What I normally see is the cover image with the folder of the disk below it. So, X Files - S1D1 would be under the first X Files disk and X Files - S1D2 would be under the second and so on.
PowerDVD version 18.0.1529.62

I originally imported my media library using UNC file paths (\\NAS\Share). Disks were imported and covers assigned, however out of over 1,000 disks only two had titles. So, I trashed the whole library and assigned a drive letter to the share, no change, disks are being discovered, but no titles are being assigned. There aren't two copies of easyA, but that isn't an issue that I want to deal with right now.

My disks are backups of my collection.

I can play the disks and the folder structure is A\Annabelle\Disk contents. In version 17 the folder title above the disk contents was used as a label for the disk.

Screen shot of media library screen without titles
A restart of the computer resolved the missing mapped network drives. Unfortunately all of my settings and the indexing that had been done was lost.
I store all of my media on various NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices. I am in the process of adding media using UNC paths (\\NASDevice\Share) which is working fine. Unfortunately until my media is indexed I can't access anything stored from My computer as mapped network drives no longer show.
Go to: