Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think we are at cross purposes, I'm probably not explaining well. I am trying save one clip to a file. I am using product range to do this, so I have to use the scrubber according to optdata.
see att'
Even if I click ON a clip then drag the scrubber to the end of the clip expecting the scrubber end point to be slightly inaccurate but the start to be right on the nail, I find that the production file includes a tiny tiny bit from the preceding clip. This is not the case if I click ON a clip a play to monitor.
Quote: It sounds like you have all the clips end-to-end on one track and you want to somehow produce all of them separately. Is that what you're trying to do?

Yes.

Quote: Is there a reason that your son can't work with one long video with all the clips?

He's wants to / has been told that he has to do the whole thing himself from the begining for a course work. But the course work has nothing to do with assessing video editing skill! *Most of the time consuming and dexterity necessitating work has been in editing out 1 or 2 second bits of junk here and there in each of the very many mov files. Resulting in the very many tidier clips in the project. This is not the only project. I found it easier to do the work in chunks accross 4 or 5 projects.

If I could just give him all those clips as individual files then he could use them in his own editing software (powerdirector not available for mac). He would be sleceting, discarding, ordering and maybe shortening bits (most of the clips are him speaking without a paper), but given his course is not testing him on mouse control (he is dispraxic) he would be pretty much doing the important work himself without the hours of tedious careful clicking I went through (*).

I hope this makes some sense. If I could just find a way to more accurately hilight (for "produce range") just the exact length of a clip, that may help.

Image attached. The image includes in track 2 stuff I intended to move to another project.

Probably should raise a second post, but I'm considering buying this software, but I still can't quite get over one bug.

From time to time the time while playing (waiting to find a point for a split) the time line marker jumps to the end. I have tried reducing the monitor window resolution right down but it still happens. This also becomes very time consuming as you have keep on trying over and over until finally it doesn't do it on one play and you can pause at the point you want to split.
Thanks optdata. I have the hilighting and the button now, but if if hilight several clips, still only one file is produced. I guess the feature I really want does not exist. Is that right?

So I guess I will have to use you method but just hilight on clip at a time. However, I am not sure how to accurately (to the 'exact' start and finish times) hilight just one clip since it is done manually. Any ideas?

I that cannot be done I guess I'm back to what I said in my original post.

Quote: I guess I could drag each clip in turn to another track, turn off the main track and do a full production for each clip in turn, but that is going to be SO laborious and time consuming as there are so many of them.
thanks optdata I think produce range, selecting one clip, producing that, then the next clip and so on is what I need.

However, I cannot see "produce range" button. Is it in the trial version? I am still reviewing the product before purchase (some bugs where pointer moves to end suddenly etc). Perhaps the button is not appearing because I am not hilighting the clip in the right way.
I have spent a very very long time editing a great number of short mov files into clips (removing bits here and there and at start and end - very tricky), together forming a presentation by my son who has a disability.

I helped him form these together with some other clips into his presentation.

Unfortunately he has had to go away and will not be able to use powerdirector on his system. I have given him all the raw mov files (very many) but the time, effort and exterity required to carefully clip each of these will be inordinate.

I wanted to run a production but rather than to one file, to one file for each clip. I cannot find a way to do this easily. I guess I could drag each clip in turn to another track, turn off the main track and do a full production for each clip in turn, but that is going to be SO laborious and time consuming as there are so many of them.

I had no idea that what they call clips in the project are actually in fact data items that just point to the original media file with a start and end time.

Can any one suggest a way to do this more easily.
Go to: