Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Tony,

I've given it a try and as it turns out I seems that I also should have mentioned that I hardly ever zoom in on the same spot in the photo. In the most perfect situation, the famous "rule of thirds" would lead me to up to 4 spots, but... you'll pobably know what I mean.

I've looked at a few other of your tutorials and one about Magic Motion demonstrated how I could or should do the trick without rendering the zooms to video first.
I still need to learn more about the tool (e.g. see if an earlier effect can be duplicated and adjusted; I got it applied to a photo), but if what I saw is all it offers, I'll be able to do my thing!

Thanks for sharing all those toots!

Ralph
Good point Tony!

I'm already doind stuff that resembles the 2nd kind using keyframes for position and size. It's the 1st type that I want to learn.
To be completely honest, I think most of the photos will enter the screen like the 2nd type, then I'll zoom in of a detail (1st type) and the photo disappears eventually by reversing type 2. But I guess thats just a matter of sqeezing the #1 keyframes in between the ones for #2, right?

Thanks for putting in this extra effort!
Hi Tony,

I'd estimate about 20x2:3 and 10x3:2 in my current project?
But I'd be happy to know how to do just one!?

Thanks

Ralph
Hi Tony,

Happy new year & thanks for your reply!

It is a mixture: footage may come from 4 different photo camera's, but most often just a single image at a time. Depending on the individual photo's the zoom percentage, the frame size and orientation will certainly vary.
Hope this helps (for you to explain).

Best regards,

Ralph
Hi guys,

In PD13, how would you archieve the following:

Track 1 contains normal video footage. In track 2 I want to superimpose photo's.

I want to set a fixed size, position and angle for the superimposed photo and then zoom in of a part of it, without changing the size etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Ralph
Cheers mate!

Fortunately the bar that I had in mind is an image that I drew up myself. A couple of keyframes to define its positions did the job.
One would think that it is now only a matter of exporting a timeline to a sequence of png files, right? I know I can do so in Adobe Premiere, but is it possible in PowerDirector as well? And would that be all to complete the trick?

If I reuse the bar as PIP object, its duration defaults to 5 seconds (instead of 10). When I set its duration back to 10 seconds, there is a certain (improper) repeat in the sequence: I'll have to readjust the keyframes every time I use the PIP object as well. I get the same obstacle in your example (thanks for posting).
Thinking of it: to solve this, I might just add 2 separate 5 second parts to complete a complete sequence: a start and an end! ;

I got inspired by PD13's standard title "Frosted Glass 4". It produced both a title and an animated background. The latter seems to be built as particle called "Animation". I can't find it on disk or the Particles Room though.

What I'm trying to do is have a semi transparent bar (rounded plus border) float in from the left side of the screen to the TV-safe marker on the right (1.5 - 2 sec.). Then display one or 2 lines of titles (starting plus ending effect). During or after the ending effect the bar shoult slide float back to where it came from.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

I did manage to archieve this by using a timeline for the bar and another to put the titles on. The result may look similar, but it's not as easy as a single title template as "Frosted Glass 4".
Go to: