Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help needed in building an animated title template
CRAK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Apr 14, 2015 16:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I got inspired by PD13's standard title "Frosted Glass 4". It produced both a title and an animated background. The latter seems to be built as particle called "Animation". I can't find it on disk or the Particles Room though.

What I'm trying to do is have a semi transparent bar (rounded plus border) float in from the left side of the screen to the TV-safe marker on the right (1.5 - 2 sec.). Then display one or 2 lines of titles (starting plus ending effect). During or after the ending effect the bar shoult slide float back to where it came from.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

I did manage to archieve this by using a timeline for the bar and another to put the titles on. The result may look similar, but it's not as easy as a single title template as "Frosted Glass 4".
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day CRAK -

You're onto it because you've sussed out the two elements in the template - the animation files & the text.

I gather what you'd like to do is modify the animation? Yes? How much time do you have at your disposal? laughing

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Essential\Titles\Title_020_16_9 and open the folder, you'll see the 151 animation files.

So - if you wanted to change the animation you'd need to modify each file (except that from 00062 to 00132 are duplicates). Then you could temporarily substitute your new graphics in that folder, open PDR & save it as a custom template.

A far simpler approach would be to do what you're doing - treating the animation & the text as two separate objects in different tracks. Using one of the .png files in that folder, you could just make a simple lower third - like this - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124826866 - then overlay you text in a separate track.

Just different possibilities.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2015 13:19

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CRAK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Apr 14, 2015 16:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Cheers mate!

Fortunately the bar that I had in mind is an image that I drew up myself. A couple of keyframes to define its positions did the job.
One would think that it is now only a matter of exporting a timeline to a sequence of png files, right? I know I can do so in Adobe Premiere, but is it possible in PowerDirector as well? And would that be all to complete the trick?

If I reuse the bar as PIP object, its duration defaults to 5 seconds (instead of 10). When I set its duration back to 10 seconds, there is a certain (improper) repeat in the sequence: I'll have to readjust the keyframes every time I use the PIP object as well. I get the same obstacle in your example (thanks for posting).
Thinking of it: to solve this, I might just add 2 separate 5 second parts to complete a complete sequence: a start and an end! ;