Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I meant to say does NOT create very good MPEG
Thanks Steve
The manual says it works with these disks.

Going back to the comment from Andy regarding quality and not all inbuilt encoders are equal. How do I get around this? I edit my AVCHD files which creates a PD project file (which is proprietory). And then when I go to produce/create, I only can only create either an HD/mp4 or MPEG2 using the PD file which other software won't recognize. So I understand that PD does create very good MPEG2 so what software will do this.
So the old things that get burned to the DVD are the 2 folders and that's it? The DVD will work in a TV DVD player
Thanks for all the input.
I had no idea that there are different MPG2 encoders which produce different quality. Should I be using Nero instead?
I also want to convert my VHS tapes to digital and bought VHS-DVD7 by Honestech. The software can create a DVD by producing an MPG2 file directly so that it is under 4.3G. It must create the VIDEO_TS folder and then burn it to disk. But I was thinking of having the software create a larger MPG2 file (I believe larger means better quality) that I can watch on a computer or alternatively burn to DVD at a later stage.

When Barry mentioned 2 folders, I assume he meant the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS but there is generally nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder. When are the folders created? Are the folders created after the MPG2 file or at the same time? Do the folders also contain the MENU's?
Do I also need an ISO file?
Does the DVD need to be formatted so that it can play on a DVD player. What files do I need to check for on the DVD?

I will locate where PD puts the folders and rename/save them in another location along with the .mpg file so that they stay with the video. I assume PD always uses the same location when it produces videos so I want to keep the files in the same location for a particular video.

Frank
Thanks guys. I think it may be the disk. The brand is Vakoss. I will try a Verbatim disk.
What does burning from a folder mean? What files are needed to burn to disk. Where do I find them?
Can I just use the .mpg file and burn using Nero
I thought I would throw this out there before I catch some winks.

I am a novice when it comes to the video world and I am creating my first video to DVD using PD13 and have a few questions. Original movie clips came from a Canon HD camcorder and were recorded in AVCHD. The files were captured and downlooaded to my computer as MTS files. I edited the movie to 70 minutes and produced it in MPEG2 (as per directions from PD13 Standard Definition will only work with DVD's) with the resultant .mpg file size being 4.01G. A DVD+RW disk was burned successfully but it does not play in the DVD player. However it does play through the computer. Is there an obvious reason why this is happening? (There is nothing wrong with the DVD player).

Also when I view the recorded disk through the computer the quality is still very poor in comparison to the same movie I edited with microsoft movie maker that produced a 13G .mp4 movie that was probably produced in HD and not SD. Is it fair to say that the more compressed a file is the poorer the quality?

SO What is the best settings to use when producing a video DVD? I realize there is probably not a straight forward answer since I have watched some tutorials where they show how to burn commercial grade movies that are greater than 120 minutes in length and only 2G in size to DVD's

Thanks,

Oliver
Go to: