Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm so confused! Trying to figure out how to set up multiple drives for my needs and wants..... I've read about having a "scratch" disk for programs like Adobe Premiere where it lets you designate which drive will be used. I've seen nothing in PD13 that's similiar. My first question would be, where does editing take place if you would have an external hard drive that contains raw video files, an external that will contain all completed projects, and an internal SSD that contains Windows and all programs, including PD13?
Thank-You for your suggestions. I'm looking into used workstations right now.
I've done a search on this forum but no luck on very recent computer builds optimized for running Power Director Ultra 13. Just bought this program plus 3-yr old laptop is on last legs. Will be editing AVCHD input from Panasonic HC-X920. Also need computer for picture editing AND running financial platform software for trading stocks/commodities online. I'm thinking specs required for this software will automatically run the other software without problems. Won't need to run all software at once. Added info:

Want to run at least 2 monitors at once, probably around 21 - 24" with at least HD resolution; I'd like to have multiple drives set up like this:1)SSD for OS & programs, 2)HDD for imported video and pictures, 3)?drive for editing, 4)HDD for exported completed projects. All drives but #3 would be backed up, probably with external drive. I've read about raid drives - would rather not get that complex unless I need to. I don't really have a budget that I can't meet - but what I'd like is a machine that exceeds the minimum specs of Power Director without paying for power that will never be used. I'm not a pro - I'm a prosumer and will pay to have extra when it will be worthwhile to have the benefits. I do not do and will not do any gaming.

Have been on many forums reading about this and have filled up 4 days where nothing else got done. Need to move forward with your help. Computer parts picker is a great tool, but don't know where to start. Would rather run Intel and NVidia, 64-bit Windows but not sure about version - it seems that Windows 10 is coming soon and I would like to be ready for that. Thanks for your help.
Go to: