Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know it is late in the day but I found a way round this issue that worked for me. All the other suggestions didn't so it might be worth a try.

Repair RichVideo Installation

Press the "Windows" and "R" keys on your keyboard simultaneously.

Type "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files" in the "Open" field of the Run dialogue box and press "Enter."

Right-click "RichVideoUninstall" and click "Run as Administrator." Click "Yes" on the UAC dialog. The screen will flash briefly as RichVideo is removed.

Right-click "RichVideoInstall" and click "Run as Administrator." Click "Yes" on the UAC dialog. The screen will flash briefly as RichVideo is reinstalled.

Yes, I have the same problem with the 'pops'. Win7.
I have a boatload of clips that I need to add ratings to in order to chose the best for my new project. Having searched the FAQs I cannot find any means to add Star ratings to individual shots.

Surely this vital element exists?

Any advice much appreciated.
[quote=Carl312
Powerdirector installs in multiple folders. If you have the Director Suite, some of the programs are 32 bit and may install in C:\Program Files (x86). Powerdirector 13 itself is 64 bit and is installed at C:\Program Files\Cyberlink Director Suite3\PowerDirector13.

There is also files in the Windows User folders.

By the way you can see which version of Powerdirector by the About. Start Powerdirector then click on the Word 'PowerDirector' on the upper Right.

If it is 64 bit it will say so.

There is only one version of Powerdirector that is 32 bit only, Powerdirector Deluxe.

If you have a 32 bit computer even the 64 bit versions will install the 32 bit executable.

Thank you Carl312. My version is simply PowerDirector13 and is indeed 64 bit and it runs fine as it is. I now understand how it all works together since your post but I am at a loss as to how to install the Content Pack Premium.

It was included in my purchase and is listed as CyberLink_PowerDirector13_ContentPack_Premium_PCP140715-03 but, as I mentioned in my OP I get an error when trying to install it. This is where my Templates are stored..

You will note that the Creative Design pack is listed which includes Holiday Pack vol6 and Wedding Pack but as I cannot find any trace of what these packs install I do not know whether I have them. All I can find when I run PD13 are two references which I list below...

And

I doubt that these are the content packs and, if not, I have serious issues ahead with trying to achieve what I need which is the full Content Pack Premium, the Holiday Pack6 and the Wedding Pack. Sadly I just can't get my head around why, Oh why is it such a difficult job to install purchased content into this Application?

Thanks again for your valued assistance.
I have been trying for three days to install PowerDirector 13 Ultimate on Win7 but without much luck. After several uninstalls and cleaning my registry I now have files in different directories. The main executable is in C:\Program Files but for some reason my content files are in C\Program Files (86). It seems to run OK but there is no dissolve content and I can only presume that although I managed to install the Essential Pack it baulked when I tried to install the Premium pack stating "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. C:Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\1033.mst"

Which Directory should they all be in. Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

I would prefer to use the 64 Bit version so can anyone suggest how I might achieve this please?

Go to: