Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loud "pop" at start of clips
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing only my third video in PD13, and the first two had a lot of loud sounds and music, so I probably didn't notice this before, but now it seems that at the start of every clip there is an audible "pop." I get the same "pop" when I place the timeline slider on a clip and press "play." I don't get the same pop when I place the slider in blank space between clips or if I pause the play and then hit play again.

Is this just an annoying thing that is a part of the editing program and it won't appear in the final video, or is there something I have to do the make sure it is not heard in the final video? Zorikh
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
WEll, I rendered the video and yes, the "pops" are still audible. They are at the start of every clip, be it a video or audio clip. What is that and how do I stop it? Zorikh
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
A long shot, but could it be your camera picking up the sound of the start button? Also, are you using a wired remote controller with a loud click. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Do you get the pops when you play those clips on wmp or vlc by itself? If you do then review how you start and stop your camera. Good camcoder shooting is a follow through technique like shoot a few seconds before and a few seconds after a shoot to allow one to edit out camera shakes at the start and at the end and to allow a transition to be used between clips.

Let us know if this helps...
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the camera. The "start of the clips" to which I am referring are the clips in the timeline. I can trim them to any length, from either direction, at any point in the original file, and every single one pops at the start every time. Even the music track pops at the beginning of each clip. This never happened in Adobe premiere or windows Movie Maker. Zorikh
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I have no experience with that one, rather strange that it follows even a cut clip. I'd almost think that points to something more local, what is your audio setup, portable PC speakers, sound system, monitor sound, any type of audio equalizer, VIA, or similar? You might try to Pref > General > Audio channels setting. If you “Edit Audio” and playback in WaveEditor or AudioDirector does the pop occur then too? Just looking for a hint to go on.

Does the issue also occur with the sample file Boats.wmv. If Boats.wmv plays back okay, I’d attach a small sample file from the camera that maybe we can try playback on our systems for issue verification.

Jeff
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with Jeff. If it's happening no matter what you do, start looking at your hardware. How old are your audio drivers? If more than 5yrs, see if you can find newer drivers. If you need help finding newer drivers See Part B of THIS so we can maybe find drivers for you. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using Windows 7 in Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro from 2012.I tried tooling around with the sample video and pictures and a few videos from my files. I found that the samples provicded by Cyberlink did not "pop," but all my videos did, regardless of where in the video I edited them, but only on the soundtrack (If I were, for instace, to separate the video from the sound and give them different starting points, the pop would come on the sound).

Then my external hard drive stopped working and I am scanning for recoverable deleted files on my computer that may replace what I have lost, so I don;t want to render any footage or create any new files until that is done.

to be continued... Zorikh
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am using Windows 7 in Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro...
Well, I don't know enough about Macs to be of any help, sorry. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
Zorikh - Loud "pop" in the early clips

I always realize this POP at the beginning of a project when I have a MP3 audio.

Now seeing his post, I checked here. only giving STOP and PLAY on an MP3 on the timeline have a POP..

For me it has no importance for the video or audio produced, it's perfect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2015 20:05

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jcardana, Boot Camp is a program that creates a partition so you can load another OS onto a Mac, so there is nothing about Mac software or or anything that could afect this. The point is that the laptop is only 3 years old and it's of rather good quality, so I don;t think the pops have anything to do with the speaker hardware. Zorikh
jcardana
[Post New]
This is intended to be funny...
Quote: Jcardana, Boot Camp is a program that creates a partition so you can load another OS onto a Mac
And you loaded Windows... What do computers and air conditioners have in common? They will work perfectly, until you open windows. Loading Windows on a Mac and expecting it to work is like tossing a lit match into the ocean and expecting it to stay lit. Again, I'm trying to be funny.

Were you able check your drivers? CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have not had a chance to figure out how to check the driver for the speaker, as I was dealing with the crashed hard drive issue. Now that I got that resolved, I started editing a new video with videos from a different source. I am not having that "pop" issue at all so far. Maybe it was just a funy thing? But I intend to get back tot he video wthat was giing me the issue in a few days. I will let you know how it goes. Zorikh
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
THE POP IS BACK!

I still have not checked he speaker drives, but I am definitely noticing that for some clips, the pop is there for others it is not. Ist finished a video and posted on YouTube where there is no pop (unless it is buried under the ambient noice) https://youtu.be/QbcQLAz2m9Y

I am no working on a video and there is a pop, and I will post that when it is done.

One thing I will be checking is in what types of files (AVI, MOV, etc) the pop happens and if that makes a difference. Zorikh
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a re-edit of the video on which I first oticed the pop. All the clips are from my Fuji Finepix F6000. Pretty much every clip has haad the frnt and back clipped off, so I am certain it's not something with the camera clicking when I press the shutter.

You will notice, however, that on at least one clip (at abut 1:26, where the cut goes from the guy's wrist to his face) there is no pop.

I have edited a couple of other videos, band sometimes there was a pop, smetimes, not. I am not finding the common theme yet, though. When I finish another video that I would want to post on YouTube, I will do so and link it here.

https://youtu.be/yqm_VK3NhYI Zorikh
Bonypart [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2015 10:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I have the same problem with the 'pops'. Win7.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Pretty much every clip has haad the frnt and back clipped off

Are you talking about video clips that lie between other clips on the timeline and to which have transitions have been applied?

If you take a single clip and render it does this happen?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2015 12:16

Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Every AVI clip that came from my Fuji Finepix has the pop, no matter where in the clip it is edited, where on the timeline it sits, or whether there is a transition or not. No other source file has the pop at all. Zorikh
[Post New]
One option that may work in some cases, select the video.

Button Edit Audio / WaveEditor or AudioEditor, do any editing to ensure the creation of new audio file. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Every AVI clip that came from my Fuji Finepix has the pop

How about posting two short clips here, first unedited and 'straight out of the camera' just a few seconds but with a 'good' audio sample in it, video of a loudspeaker playing something rousing perhaps smile. The second one 'produced' to say a .wmv in PD but unedited.