Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All,
I am new to PowerDirector 9 and plan to digitalize 30 8mm old family video tapes and save the digilaized files for a later editing. How should I go about determining the preferred Capture Quality Profile setup parameters so that later on I’ll have the maximum flexibility to edit and produce the digitalized files for best quality results and possibility to view it on various (future) devices. I don’t mind that the Capture time will take longer as long as the resulted digitalized files are better suited for future (yet not exactly known) usages. The tapes contain my kids as they grew up and will be used for memory playbacks, editing clips when they get married, share it with the Grandkids, etc. The videographer (me) by no means is professional, and it shows on the tapes. I have already captured a couple of tapes using the default MPEG-2 Video (DVD-HQ) setup with an ok result. The only two (not major issues) are: (1) sometime there is an audio noise (but when trying to use Audio Denoise in EDIT, the voice became muffled and I prefer not using it), and (2) a small line at the very bottom of the video image is blurry (noisy). I use camcorder Sony CCD-FX730V 12X, and a computer with Windows 7, processor Intel Core™ i5-3437U CPU @1.90 GHz 2.40 GHz, 8.00 RAM, 64-bit Operating System. Besides trying differ Capture Quality Profile setups, are there other things I should consider doing based on your experience?

Thank you in advance to all for your advices, and have a Happy New Year.
Go to: