Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd,

So, would upgrading just the graphics card prevent the problem? If so, what card do you suggest for a Dell Inspiron 570?

Larry
Hans, what computer did you buy?

Thanks, Larry
Dafydd,

Sorry about hijaaking the other topic, I'm completely ignorant about your forum protocols. I'm continuing my post from this topic:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38318.page#217598

in my new topic here as you suggested.

Here are my responses to your suggestions:
1) I just did update the drivers to what AMD/ATI suggests for the video card. They are the 2013 driver version.
2) Would upgrading just the graphics card prevent the problem? If so, what card do you suggest for a Dell Inspiron 570?
3) When I took the edit screen shot, I just brought up my daughters project, zoomed in on the problem area and then took the screen shot. I was not doing any editing. Anyway, I'll make sure she knows not to edit until all icons are green. thanks.
4) I'll have her try splitting the project into smaller chucks for producing and then load those produced chunks into another project for the final production. However, she mentioned to me that she has seen the Green Image in a much smaller projects of only a few minutes or less.

Larry
And, the final two attachments...

Here are the next three attachments:

This post is for Dafydd Bevan:

PROBLEM: I'm trying to get help for my daughter on her PD12 project. She too consistently gets Green Images in various locations when she produces. Her current production is producing a Green Image for three seconds at the 4:48 mark and then again for four seconds at the 4:57 mark. The entire production is about 15 minutes. She has experienced this on other production too that are of the same complexity.

REQUESTED INFORMATION: Dafydd, I have gone through your forum posting guide and have gathered all of the information you have asked for:

1. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
2. PowerDirector Version and Build (see "About PowerDirector" attachment below)
3. SR number (see "About PowerDirector" attachment below)
4. Source Material: AVCHD video from a SONY HDR-CX290 (see Sample Video Clip and Sample Audio Clip attachment below) These are the clips playing when the Green Image appears.
5. Description of the problem: As I said above, my daughter consistently gets Green Images in various locations when she produces. Her current production is producing a Green Image for three seconds at the 4:48 mark and then again for four seconds at the 4:57 mark. The entire production is about 15 minutes. She can edit the video by removing a clip or modifying clips, but the Green Image just moves to another area of the production. She has experience this on other production too that are of the same complexity.
6. Anti-Virus: Norton Security Suite Version 21.6.0.32
7. No additional codec pack installed. Only what came with PD12.
8. No additional video editing software installed except what comes with windows 7.
9. Burning Software: Roxio Burn
10. No burn create issue.
11. Background Processes: See attachment. It only shows the top 1/3 of them. If you need more I can get it.
12. dxdiag logs: See the regular and 64-bit version attached.
13. Edit Workspace and Production screens: see attachments below.
14. Install the latest PDR patch. DONE.

Please ignore this post. I put in the wrong place. thank you.
Thanks for the suggestion. I changed mine from VMR7 to VMR9. I then produced one of my short videos and the green image was gone. However I tried it on one of my 15 minute videos and I still have a green image for several seconds, but at a slightly different place.

I noticed at the bottom left of the Produce screen an option for "Fast video rending technology:" with two options: "SVRT" and "Hardware video encoder". However, none of these options can be selected. Is this a clue to what is going on with the green screens? It appears to be using SVRT while producing.

By the way, my video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200. Should this support the "Hardware video encoder" option?
Here's what I've done:

-Upgraded to the latest version of Powerdirector 12 Ultimate 12.0.3403.0.
-Updated the video driver from the Dell website.

None of these have helped. Any other suggestions?
Hello,

For awhile now I have had the issue of a dark green image appearing on particular scenes after I have produced my movie on PowerDirector 12 64 byt. I have tried going back to editing, deleting the scene or replacing it with another scene, and producing again. This solves the problem for that particular scene, but then the green image appears on a different scene. I have no idea what's going on or how to fix this.

Here are my production settings:
-File format: H.264 AVC
-Profile type: DV-AVI
-Profile name/quality: DV-AVI 720 x 480/60i (25 Mbps)

Thanks,
Larryboy123
Go to: