Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am trying to overlay property boundries and graphics for Real Estate video. Here are 2 examples marked at the correct time.
https://youtu.be/lOp9eC6P7_A?t=27https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOp9eC6P7_A
https://youtu.be/jmM2MKKfm6g?t=9

One is using a plugin for Aftereffects and the other I don't know. So I know there are plugins for Premier that do this. Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to do this in PD17?

Thanks!
Tim
And here is the path to my profile.ini so yours is most likely very similar.

C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\profile.ini
I think this might be what we are looking for on the custom profile. I will play with this later and see if it works. This video has nothing to do with the ThetaS but is showing how to create a custom profile in PD14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w8db14iw1o
I am a very long time user of PD. I am running PD14 on a very high end PC I built for live streaming. I have never had a problem with crashing but my PD14 crashes repeadetly. I had one project recently where it crashed every 5-10 minutes. It was a funeral that was almost 3 hours long and it was the biggest nightmare due to some major filming problems and errors. I submitted MANY MANY crash reports. I did not ever get one single email that stated, we received the 25+ crash reports you submitted..... bla bla bla.

I am an Adobe user for Photoshop and InDesign. So I am going to force myself to learn Premier and make the switch from PD.

I have never had problems with crashing until version 14. Just sick and tired of it.
I know this is an older thread. I'm using PD14 and I am trying to find out if PD supports changing the "offset" in a 360 video?

In Adobe Premier you can change the offset which is just a simple method of moving the center point of the video. If you were to record "tour" video on a Theta S, and then add in an audio file narrating the tour. I am wanting to change the center or heading of the video. That way when the narrator says and looking to your left you can see "......".

If a viewer does not move a supported device to the left or rotate the video, it would automatically rotate the video to the left during playback.

360 video is about to explode and I hope that Cyberlink is on top of this and coming out with some really cool features for editing 360 video. If not then I need to get on the fast track to learning Premier CC which I don't want to do since I have been using PD for years.
Tony,
Have I got it right so far? Correct.

What I do NOT understand is why the live camera sections would behave any differently on the DVD! During the DVD creation process, ALL the video would be re-rendered as MPEG-2 in any case.
> My thoughts exactly!!

Which is why I ended up here. Never had this problem before when creating a DVD but I have not had the need to create one in this exact workflow.

I can tell vMix (www.vmix.com) precisely what I want the output to be so maybe if I match those specs precisely that will resolve the problem.

I personally feel the creation of DVD's is not necessary and we should move towards online media but I am just the low man on the totem pole
Hi Carl,
I am creating a video DVD. The Video DVD that I create in PW14 will play on some DVD Players but not on others.

I used an MP4 file that vMix generated by recording the output of that software. On one DVD in particular, the DVD loads, brings up the menu, and I can click on Play. It plays perfectly until it gets to the point where what you see on the TV is the camera view of our service. The recording started with an MP4 file that was played.

The vMix software is simply recording the output (be it a camera, video, an image, etc) that is being displayed on the projectors.
VMix operates much like Wirecast if you are familiar with that software. I am going to specify the output to be 720x480/60i about 8 Mbps. That may be my problem!

I have it set to 29.97p instead of 60i. I also have the output for the MP4 file set to 800x600 instead of 720x480.

I am going to try setting my MP4 output to match the specs you have stated and see if that will correct the problem. Thank you very much for your feedback
PD14 is not processing the live stream. Vmix has the codec for that and is doing the processing. Vmix records and creates a MP4 file that I then import into PD14 to create a DVD.
The software we use for our live production (vMix) is recording the live event in one MP4 file. It is recording as it happens. It records everything I send to the projection screens. So most of the time that is a live camera feed. But we will also play a video (MP4 file) during the service. When that video is played, it is recorded as part of the service just like the live camera input. Then when it is over we switch back to the live camera view. All of this is being recorded on one file as it happens. Right now that is a MP4 format. I have the option of saving the service to an AVI or WMV format.

The video segment on the DVD plays just fine. But the live camera segment is not playing (freezes). That is just crazy to me but it is what it is.

I can play the same DVD on a laptop (or PC) and it plays without any issues. All segments are fine.

This issue has to do with the recording format or maybe something with the camera inputs, etc.
And to confirm, the DVD reads fine on a DVD Player, even the section that contains an MP4 video we played during the service plays fine, but it is the Live Camera input section that stops playing.
Then what format should the original file be in? There has to be a "best practices" for using PD14 to create DVD's which are compatible with most (95%) of the DVD players. Is the problem related to the file format only or could it be the frame rate or bit rate?

I have the option of saving the service in AVI or WMV format. Would it be better to use one of those? I am also wondering if I converted the MP4 format to a MPEG2 format before writing the DVD in PD14 if that would help?
And I forgot to mention that vMix is saving the service recording in a MP4 format (800x600, NTSC 29.97, 8Mbps, audio at 128kbps.
Hey guys. Long time user of PD but first time posting on the forum. I have mainly used PD for creating YT videos. But now taking recording from church service and burning to a DVD. I am using vMix to manage our screen (and recorded) output. We have multiple live cameras and we also show promo videos (MP4 format) that are recorded in the "service recording".

I am having a hard time getting the DVD's to read on "home DVD players". I am buring at the slowest speed (8x) on single layer DVD's. On our old system which used a very old VCR/DVD recorder, the DVD's record just fine. But now we have upgraded our entire video system and we are PC based.

What I have found is that the MP4 video files that we may play in a service play back just fine on the DVD. But the live camera input will not play back on some home DVD players. The same DVD will play back fine on other computers. (MP4 video that were displayed as well as live camera input)

So I am trying to figure out what could cause the "live camera input" to not play back on home DVD players when the section of the DVD containing an MP4 video we played during the service plays just fine.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

My PD license for the church is running on Win10. Very powerful PC for the video switching so no issues there. Running latest updates for PD14 Ulimate.
Go to: