Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Solved for one user: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/32367.page . I don't have any problems.

Thanks for that posting. I've seen it. I've tried for hours in the last months to perform all of those processes and non work. Of interest is that I had the same problem on a completely different desktop computer and not sovleable. That's why I don't even try it any more and use another program to great my DVD menus. Also I noticed that many of the postings are refering to blueray dvds, but I have the problem with just regular DVDs. PD creates a DVD just fine if I don't try creating a custom menu inside the program so for me, it is something to do it how the menus are created inside of PD.
Quote I too used PD12 for a number of years. I just upgraded to PD17 and have this same error code. I have tried to write directly to a file and still get the same error code. When I produce a video and go to play that video, no matter what the format is, it is blank.

I have tried all of Cyberlinks solutions and none have worked.

Has anybody been able to get 17 to work properly?

Was it a huge mistake to upgrade as now I have a program that doesn't work at all?

For me, this error has occurred for years with various versions and I stopped upgrading last year as they can't seem to get rid of this problem for a LOT of people. PowerDirector is great for me to edit and create mp4 files, but that is all I use it for. I can't trust it to ever make a DVD with a menu. Just a waste of time. I use another program to made DVDs
Quote Steve, I always use PD's Create Disc to generate an ISO file then use ImgBurn to burn the disc. I never have any problems with that.

My beef is with the disc authoring interface which I hate.

Bingo, I do exactly the same thing and same product.
Quote Hi there, I'm currently trialing Power Director before I purchase it. When I try to burn a 2D DVD I get the error code eC00C0005 pop up. This only appears to happen if I have designed my own menu. I can burn a DVD with a menu template from the library without a problem. Hope you can help. Regards, Jonathan

Gee, this error has been a problem for many years in all versions. It has gotten so I don't even use PowerDirector to create DVDs. I use a competitive program that works perfectly. More than 50% of the time, it has never worked without errors, and the DVD creation editor is just too complex and too limited. That has occurred on various computers, various operating systems, and various versions of the software in the 8 years I have used it.

To end on a positive note, PD is great for creating really nice movies and has lots of great features. I use it for that. Thanks for that. Make a more reliable and easier to user DVD creator.
Go to: