Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,
I've noted that this issue has been raised before. My problem is related, but simpler, I would think.
Basically, what I'm after is to remove a portion of a clip. I split and trim. But when I want to combine the two trimmed clips into one clip again (for chapter setting purposes, actually), I fail to see how I can do that. One would have expected something like selecting the two adjacent clips and ask for a join - or something to that effect.

Anyone?
I've put this question to Support. But, no, there is no way of skipping the menu.

Here's what I do. I create the movie with chapter markers. Then I feed the file to DVD shrink (freeware) and skip the menu there.

This way you may also generate a slightly oversized DVD in PD and get it just right in DVD shrink - a functionality missing in PD. Support acknowledges that the best fit parameter does not work properly, but they do not have a solution to it. I've suggested that they simply have DVD shrink as a plug-in. We shall see....
Why not open the User Guide?
Hi,
I have an AVI file with a separate textfile (.srt) for subtitles. When creating a DVD disk I want the text file imbedded and synchronized. The text file contains time stamps for that purpose. How do I get PD to accept the text file to be included in the burning of the DVD?
Hi all,

Cyberlink's product offering confuses me. To avoid sales talk I ask you: when using PowerDirector do I exploit the maximum capability from Cyberlink in terms of capturing, editing, producing, authoring and burning? There is a huge overlap in the products as they are described and it is not obvious how the features rank.

Should I stick to PowerDirector, or should I use it in combination with other Cyberlink products?
Hello,

I expect that you all have made the observation that the switch for optimum burning quality is inadequate. When I choose "best fit" I invariably get a number which barely exeeds the capacity of the DVD. Annoying. Going back to LP or SP only fractions of the DVD is utilized. Clearly a product error.
Cyberlink's response is, yes, so it is and no more said about that.
I have found a way around it, rather tedious, so I had hoped some has had a better idea.
I chose HQ or Best fit and write to Folder. Then import that folder into DVDShrink (freeware) for a perfect size. (This way I also get rid of the often unnecessary opening menu). From there I burn it. It goes beyond my comprehension why Cyberlink cannot do something like this within the application.
So, anyone with a better solution?
Go to: