Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapter problem..
Bora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 20:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Help please..

Can I make chapters in my dvd movies without necessarily passing through them in the main menu?

Does anyone has a solution to this? Thanks in advance..

Hauge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2006 05:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've put this question to Support. But, no, there is no way of skipping the menu.

Here's what I do. I create the movie with chapter markers. Then I feed the file to DVD shrink (freeware) and skip the menu there.

This way you may also generate a slightly oversized DVD in PD and get it just right in DVD shrink - a functionality missing in PD. Support acknowledges that the best fit parameter does not work properly, but they do not have a solution to it. I've suggested that they simply have DVD shrink as a plug-in. We shall see....
Bora [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks a lot Hauge..
jisbister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2006 00:14 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, excellent work-around. Thank you! Quick question: Do you find that running the files through DVD Shrink reduces quality any?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
It shouldn't.

Just a warning note. Video (dvd's) files shrunk...compressed onto a DVD can have problems being read by a computer (laptops mainly) that run with shared graphics. Basically the video will stutter and start and can freeze.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2006 05:59

Bora [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the advise. But running it through DVD shrink completely removes all menus. What I want to happen is to click the menu, but it does not go through the 'Select Chapter'. Like the commercial DVD movies out there..
jisbister [Avatar]
[Post New]
No response from CyberLink yet? I really hope this functionality is added. It's a sore spot!
jisbister [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think it's important to add that PD6 now offers the option to burn a disc without a menu.

I'd still like to see it offer the flexibility to choose which chapters you want to show up in a menu, but PD6's new text menus and the ability to burn a disc without a menu is a huge improvement.