Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Before you throw in the towel it would be helpful if we could read the details about the type of project you're working on. PDxx will split video and audio and occasionally forget to re-link them.

Editing MTS files in 1080p at 50fps. Project set to 50fps in 16:9.

Up to 750 clips to a project running up to 30mins in length.
After starting Episode 11 of our ridiculous project in PD13 on my old laptop, after a few minutes of completed footage I closed down to re-open it a day later. Yep, the old bug A/V unlinking had occurred.

So I threw the toys out of the pram and bought the latest PD14 and installed it onto my new laptop and started the whole process again from scratch.

Guess what? Just re-opened the project to do some more work and the BLOODY thing has unlinked random clips YET AGAIN!

I can't take this anymore. WTF am I supposed to do? I always draft the 20+ min videos out and then trim and cut where necessary later on and this bug is causing me a massive headache and loads more work.

Please help, I'm losing the will to live after doing this for nearly 3 years with the same fault since PD10.
I'm still getting random unlinking of video and audio with the latest patch (v2970.1).

30 min video with nearly 700 individual clips and more than half of them have become unlinked and therefore un-editable. Now that I want to go back and tidy up the edit, I can't.

Unless there's a way of fixing this for good, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for software.
The only thing I really want is the ability to adjust the volume of a whole clip more easily. The only current way to do it is ridiculously difficult and time consuming.

It can't be all that hard to incorporate a feature to make this process much more user friendly.

Please?!
Quick update, after installing the patch and continuing work on the video, all clips added to timeline after installing patch have come unlinked at the first re-open. In fact now all except 3 clips on the timeline (there's around 150 in total at the moment) have become unlinked and my patience is wearing thin now.

What can I do to stop this?
I'm gonna try this beta patch as I'm in the middle of editing a new Project Binky episode, first time in PD13 and the unlinking audio/video bug is still there and is quite simply unbelievably annoying. Using up to 400 clips per completed video when over half of them randomly unlink is terribly frustrating and time consuming.

I really hope this fixes it else I will have to look elsewhere for software.
The updates for PD12 seem to have disappeared from the CL website?!

Just about to embark on a new video and would like the latest patch but can't find any support for PD12. Any ideas?
Guys,

Is there a quick and easy way to change audio track levels without having to click on the tiny buttons at either end of the clip and drag them up and down? It's awfully fiddly and I use 300-400 different clips in my videos, some needing more or less volume. There must be a fast way, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks in advance,

Richard.
Go to: