Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's an mpg file directly made from PowerDirector and I'm not sure of the audio type. How do I find out?
Hi all,

Is there anyway I can clean up and re-load the codec for powerDVD? I've capturd Hi Def MPG from my Canon HV10 HD camcorder thru PowerDirector 6.0. It played well within PowerDirector but NO SOUND when I tried to play the clip via PowerDVD or WMP11. The same clip would play well on another computer w/ old version of InterVideo WinDVD so I'm led to believe that I might have some codec problem on my own PC. FYI I'm running XP Pro w/ 2G RAM. Any help/pointer appreciated. Tx in advance.
Daniel,

I just tried to play the HD mpg file, which I captured from my HV10 via Power Director 6.0, on another computer and it played fine so I'm inclining to think that there might be some codec problem w/ my powerDVD/WMP and in fact, the video capturing was perfectly fine.

One thing I do notice is that video capturing was NOT working well until I upped my RAM from 1GB to 2GB... Good luck!
I just transferred the HD mpg file (38mb for 15 seconds of high def video!!!) onto my laptop (Athlon XP 1.6Ghz w/ only abt. 384mb ram running XP) It did play OK with sound. A bit choppy within InterVideo's WinDVD which came pre-installed with the computer. I suspect it's due to my limited RAM so I guess we can deduce that some Codec on my main computer is corrupted/screwed up.

Would you mind recommending any codec package? I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated as I'm an absolute minimalist when it comes to installing software on my computer. And yet I fall victim of installing new software and somewhere along the line corrupted some settings on my computer!!!

Does Cyberlink offer any codec package/repair/patches?
MikiMouse,

Thanks for the feedback. Funny thing is that I tried to capture a standard DV from PowerDirector and it played perfectly within PowerDirector as well as Power DVD and Windows Media Player 11. I'll indeed try to transfer and play the HD mpg file on another computer and see how we get on.

Is there any generic codec package that you can recommend?

tx & regards
Power Director 6.0 DOES recognize Hi Def camcorder. At least I have been successfully capturing video from my HV10. BUT I'm not capturing the sound for some reasons. See my post below.
Looks and sounds perfectly normal when being captured but once saved and tried to replay within Windows Media Player 11 or PowerDVD 7 Max I got no sound. The clip, immediately after saved, and while on the 'captured clip' list within power director, plays perfectly normal as well. Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any insight/pointer.
Go to: