Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible Codec problem for PowerDVD 7 Max (Trial version)
Jester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 08:43 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Is there anyway I can clean up and re-load the codec for powerDVD? I've capturd Hi Def MPG from my Canon HV10 HD camcorder thru PowerDirector 6.0. It played well within PowerDirector but NO SOUND when I tried to play the clip via PowerDVD or WMP11. The same clip would play well on another computer w/ old version of InterVideo WinDVD so I'm led to believe that I might have some codec problem on my own PC. FYI I'm running XP Pro w/ 2G RAM. Any help/pointer appreciated. Tx in advance.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Which audio type of your video?
Probably PowerDVD7 trail version doesn't support your audio type of video, because you use PowerDVD7 trail version. It might has some limitation of PowerDVD7 Trial version.
Jester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 08:43 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
It's an mpg file directly made from PowerDirector and I'm not sure of the audio type. How do I find out?