Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Thanks for posting this.

You bring up some good points, and I'd like to state that my response was specifically to Davidk101 who's become an avid forum participant. I didn't imagine that he was going to uninstall PD and go away, and so I focused on uninstalling the app with the (possibly incorrect) assumption that he would be reinstalling it.

To do a complete uninstall, you also have to remove all of the related content and 3rd party effects packs shown in Windows Apps & features tool to free up all that additional drive space; however their continued presence shouldn't interfere with any other installed apps.

I don't recall having issues with other programs after removing PD, but a free app like Revo Uninstaller Pro can track down all related folders and registry entries so they can be deleted. Doing a clean Win10 install will also do the trick, but it seems like a fairly drastic first step to me.

Hi, I agree, it IS drastic. However that is the only safe & reliable way to remove items when a user is not given full information or choices about where files and folders are placed, which system files are affected, or whether those are hidden or what those things are called. I don't think I should have to rely on a different 'free' 'pro' program when it is cyberlink that litters my rig. And lest you think it is only cyberlink - many other softwares do this, all the more reason for periodic fresh win installs to keep my computer running fast. Storing all of your data files on other drives or in the cloud, and using an ssd c drive for windows and your softwares, a fresh install is relatively quick albiet a necessary annoyance. I've been using powerdirector since about version 9, and I find every year, in the effort to provide more options, along with that comes tons of clutter, and I think the 365 version has gone way overboard. Off the soapbox, thank you for listening.
Quote There's really nothing to document.

PD is treated like a standard Windows app and can be uninstalled by using the standard Windows uninstall tool (Right-click on Start > Apps & features). If you have the subscription version, you can also do this from the App Manager by right-clicking on the app name.

Content packs can be uninstalled the same way, and can be done independently of the main app. Most start with the word Cyberlink so they'll be grouped together in the list of installed apps.

This is not true. After the unistallation powerdirector leaves a large footprint of folders and files in several places. It is best to search your computer for files and folders using 'cyberlink' and 'powerdirector' as keywords. Also beware powerdirector takes control of several aspects that conflict with other media editing and viewer programs on your computer, including windows system files, and once the excess folders and files are deleted, those other programs will not work properly. Everytime I uninstall powerdirector I have to do a clean install of win 10 and reload all my other programs from scratch. Beware of computer programs that 'take control' of your computer, rather than a user deciding what they want their computers to do.
Go to: