Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Kyle 40,

Thanks for the help. You are correct. I DID finally manage to alter the zoom so that my original DV footage, which was cropped to simulate widescreen, would fit in the project 16:9 window. Huzzah!
Now if only I didn't have a crappy, cropped SD image to work with.... but I don't suppose there's going to be any solution for that
I had a similar problem. My new computer does not have a firewire port, so I was not able to capture some MiniDV content using the firewire controls. I was, however, able to capture the content manually by plugging the camcorder into the USB port and setting the camcorder into "VCR" or "playback" mode. Just start your editing program and set it to "capture video" mode. Locate the camcorder under "available devices" (or whatever equivalent procedure your program uses). Then hit "Play" on the camcorder and "record" on your capture screen. You, unfortunately, will have to manually split the video content later in the editor, but it's better than nothing.

Alternatively, you can always send the tapes in to have the content recorded onto DVDs. Your local photo or video shop should be able to provide the name of a local service. Or you can always find one online. Also, Costco provides this service as well.
I am attempting to edit a video for a friend. The footage was shot on an old MiniDV camcorder. The sensor was 4:3 ratio, but the footage was shot in Widescreen mode, so black letterboxes were added to the top and bottom (and sides) of the footage. When I import the files, they are recognized as 4:3 aspect ratio (which, technically they are). When I right-click in the timeline and attempt to alter the aspect ratio, it stretches the footage, which I DO NOT WANT. Can I "clip" the top and bottom off of the video to make it conform to the desired 16:9 ratio? ANY help would be appreciated!
Go to: