Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My current system specs are - Dell 4700, P4 3.4ghz, 7600gt diamond plus, 2 gig of ram, cyberlink pwrdvd 7.3.3104a, xbox 360 drive, pioneer bdc 2202, which I have connected to my 720p Sony 60" RPTV. I know my processor specs do not meet cyberlinks advisor requirements, but all HD DVDs play back almost perfectly ,with no choppiness what so ever and without ever crashing the computer. The picture quality is almost the same as my toshiba HDA1. My only issue is that on most of the new release HD DVDs since the Warriors HD DVD release, I can see an almost unnoticable "slight jitter" on scenes when a group of people are walking, running, fast action scenes, and movies such as Planet earth. It almost seems like the video card refresh rate is slightly too slow. On titles like Darkman, I do not have this problem. My processor usage during HD DVD playback is always at 45-60% so this leads me to believe that I need to upgrade to a better video card. If this is the case, which of the 8800gtx or the 8800gts are best sutable for HD playback. Maximum picture quality is my main goal. Will the 8800gtx with its 768 ram memory and 128 stream processors show huge difference than the 8800gts 640 ram memory and 96 stream processors, when watching it on my tv. I dont want to spend the extra money on a card when there really wouldnt be a significant difference is picture quality. I use my PC for home theater and do not plan to use it for gaming. BTW, I am planning a new PC build using a intel E6700 so I plan to use the new card on my new system too. Any advice from anyone who has experience with these cards would be highly apreciated, Thanks Curtis
Try this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1306.page
I had a similar problem after I installed a new audio card so I would have a toslink audio output. Immediatly after I installed the new cards audio drivers and rebooted the system my computer would "hang up" constantly when playing HD DVD`s and eventually lock up the computer. It would then crash and leave me staring at the "blue screen of death". After reboot it told me that there was a problem with the systems drivers"
I unistalled PowerDVD and my audio card drivers from my system. After I rebooted the system, I reinstalled the audio card drivers and tested the audio card to make sure I had analoge and digital output. I then restarted the computer and reinstalled PowerDVD and upgraded it to 7.3 ultra. Problem fixed. I still try to be carefull when using PowerDVD while watching HD DVD`s. After watching a movie in full screen mode, when I want to close PowerDVD, I perform it in this order. Press stop on the player. Minimize the player, then close player of select another movie to watch. I never change the audio configuration "analog to digital" while the movie is playing. This also would cause the program to crash. It seem that when I installed PowerDVD last after installing the audio card and drivers, all my playback problems are now gone completely. Good Luck
You can also use the "arrow keys" and "enter key" on you keyboard to navigate thru HD DVD menu`s to change language, remove subtitles, acess special features, and select chapters.
You might this: Unistall program and download "microsoft cleanup tool" which is easily dowloaded from the microsoft site. Use this tool to remove any PowerDVD entries. Then reinstall your original version of PowerDVD that you hopefully have backed up on your system or on CD. Enter in the CD keys then install the 7.3 upgrade patch. Sometimes the CD keys dont work if they have been used over a certain number of times. Cyberlink offers support for this and can make the CD keys work again. I think your problem will be fixed. I had a similar problem after upgrading to 7.3.
Check my post about "forced french language after 7.3 upgrade"
Thanks Daisuke, thats exactly what they did. They emailed me within 24 hrs and instructed me to uninstall and provided me with a link for a full 2911 build download. Unfortunately, the link would not work. However, after I unistalled, I reinstalled the original version I have backed up on CD from my initial purchase. Then I installed the 2911 patch. Problem solved. Now all my PwerDVD menus are back to the default english language. Also, I found out that I can navigate thru my HDDVD`s menu`s using the "arrow keys" and "enter" buttons on my keyboard. No more forced subtitles on "Happy Feet". Now I can watch "Stalingrad/Enemy at the Gates" in english without the "forced" french subtitles on my 60" Sony TV. This movie is unplayable on any of the stand alone HD DVD players. But PowerDVD 7.3 plays the movie flawlessly. Thanks again Daisuke, for helping me with my problem with your quick reply.
I just downloaded a patch on your
website for my current power DVD ultra
7.2. After upgrade it shows that now I
have the current version of Power DVD
7.3 ultra. Program language is in
French as a default, with no other
languages "English" to select from. I
unistalled and reinstalled 7.2 and the
patch for 7.3 2 times. Each time it
ends up with the same results. The only
language that it lets you select from
is French with no other languages to