Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default Language is French after upgrage from 7.2 ultra to 7.3 ultra
Curtis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2007 13:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded a patch on your
website for my current power DVD ultra
7.2. After upgrade it shows that now I
have the current version of Power DVD
7.3 ultra. Program language is in
French as a default, with no other
languages "English" to select from. I
unistalled and reinstalled 7.2 and the
patch for 7.3 2 times. Each time it
ends up with the same results. The only
language that it lets you select from
is French with no other languages to
choose from in the drop down box. How
do I get my English language back so I
can navagate thru the program.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Probably you can ask CL support for help.
Tell your problem.
CL support may provide a full 2911 build to U.
Curtis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2007 13:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Daisuke, thats exactly what they did. They emailed me within 24 hrs and instructed me to uninstall and provided me with a link for a full 2911 build download. Unfortunately, the link would not work. However, after I unistalled, I reinstalled the original version I have backed up on CD from my initial purchase. Then I installed the 2911 patch. Problem solved. Now all my PwerDVD menus are back to the default english language. Also, I found out that I can navigate thru my HDDVD`s menu`s using the "arrow keys" and "enter" buttons on my keyboard. No more forced subtitles on "Happy Feet". Now I can watch "Stalingrad/Enemy at the Gates" in english without the "forced" french subtitles on my 60" Sony TV. This movie is unplayable on any of the stand alone HD DVD players. But PowerDVD 7.3 plays the movie flawlessly. Thanks again Daisuke, for helping me with my problem with your quick reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2007 23:02