Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have just purchased Power DVD 21 and none of my ISO files will play.
The file loads to 99% and then will not play saying that Power DVD could not open the ISO image file.
The files were OK with previous versions but not with this. Any ideas what could cause this.
Quote Hi,

Sent you a PM earlier today.

It may be the same issue as this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77463.page

As a first step you might consider rolling back the intel driver as suggested in the hotfix released here :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77547.page

"You may also try to reinstall your Intel VGA driver to version 24.20.100.6194 or below as the possible solution.

Intel VGA driver download page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27892/-Windows-10-Intel-?product=98909 "

or you might look at applying the full fix as outlined in the release notes?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Many thanks for all your efforts but after reading what I would have to do I decided to apply for a refund. I expected new software to work with my computer, after all I have had no problems with previous versions of PD, and what I was required to do was beyond my abilities with computers.
Quote Users with specific video drivers and GPUs were seeing this crash with PD15, 16 and 17. Approximately a dozen users posted about the issue on PD16 and PD17 forums, but the vast majority of existing users (possibly >99%) were not impacted in any way.

This was a VERY serious issue and it deeply impacted people experiencing it, but in the big picture, it affected relatively few systems.

As the original poster of this thread I still do not know 5 days on where to go next.
I purchased PD17 as an update after using previous PD versions for many years without any problems. I am now unable to continue my editing either with 17 or my previous version 15.
I realise that I am probably in a minority but it does not alter the fact that I now have 2 versions that will not work.
It is looking like the only thing I can do is apply for a refund and purchase another make of Editing software. This is something I do not really want to do because I like everything about the PD program but it is looking like the only waty forward.
Quote Hi,

Others have recently reported similar issues.

Could you try a produce of your project in PDR17 and 15 and report back?

Could you also raise a support ticket and post the ticket no. here?

The more information the CS team has the better and will allow them to work more quickly to identifyng the issue.

Thank you.

PowerDirector Moderator

I have tried to produce discs in both 17 & 15 and both crash as soon as i hit the create disc button.

I have raised a support ticket and the no is CS001945647
I have just upgraded to PD17 from PD15 and I am trying to create a BluRay disc of my recent holiday.
I have all the film footage that I have titled and added music to and have then clicked on Create Disc and PD17 crashes and shuts down leaving me back at the Windows 10 screen.
I have made many films for home use over the past 5 years using various versions of PD and have never had any problems.
Since it was only 2 weeks ago that I did a film on BluRay in PD15 I decided to try and do this one in PD15 as well and it also crashed when I clicked on Create Disc.
Any ideas what can be causing this.
Go to: