Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Rick -

I'm digging into this, but haven't come up with a clear answer yet.

Downloaded the trial version of VEGAS Pro for testing. MP4s produced in PDR16 with Dolby audio do not import into VEGAS as audio only files, but the audio is scrambled on playback. Screenshot attached.

AVC H.264 M2TS files produced with either Dolby or LPCM audio import & playback correctly in VEGAS Pro.

That said, there's something weird going on at the PDR end too. surprised

Cheers - Tony

I know this is old.. but came across it. It's not a Vegas problem, its a PD issue. I have PD14 on 3 laptops and PD9 on 2 computers.
If I tape transfer to PD14, it saves the audio in Dolby. The file will not work in PD9, Adobe Premier Pro, etc... and gives the error about the dolby. If I do the same transfer into PD9 first, the audio is LPCM and that file will play on PD!4, Adobe Premier Pro, etc...

It's the Dolby Audio on the import in PD14 that causes the issue.
Hi..
I am running my Video 8 tapes from my deck to the PC using "iON Video 2 PC" digital converter. The program that came with the converter is "CyberLink PowerDirector 9". The program captures the video as a DVD-MPG file, and the audio is way too loud. While the levels look correct (they peak out at 0), it sounds so loud to the point of distortion in some parts when things get really loud. The original video when plugged into the TV, sounds fine, and using a Sony VDR-mc6 to transfer the video sounds fine. However, when I try to go the route from deck to PC, I get the loud audio.
Is it the PowerDirector program doing this... or is it the iON converter?

PS: I have gone in to the "Volume Control" on the Power Director once it captures my video, and tried to lower the volume, but it sounds "too loud/a bit distorted" even when turned low. It seems almost as if the sound was clipping... even thought it isn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks
BT
Go to: