Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I wrote Cyberlink tech support about this and got a response. They did confirm that the PureVideo icon does not appear in the System Tray while using it in PowerDVD. They also did confirm that you do not have to buy PureVideo to use it in PowerDVD. It is included with PowerDVD 7 (PowerDVD can only use it if your video card supports it).
Dam, I meant to edit my previous post and ended up making a new one instead. Disregard.
I have also wondered about this. I have PowerDVD 7 Deluxe. I did purchase PureVideo from Nvidia also. In the Video Tab in PowerDVD 7, there are the words "Enable Hardware Acceleration (Nvidia PureVideo)" listed which I have checked. When watching a DVD with it, I do not see the PureVideo icon in the System Tray like I do with watching a DVD with Windows Media Player 10. Is it supposed to be there? I mean, how do I know that PowerDVD 7 is actually using it? Another thing. Is PowerDVD 7 required to have PureVideo installed to use it or is it included in PowerDVD 7? I also find it interesting that Cyberlink makes no mention of this PureVideo stuff on their website. You would think something would be there about it as I'm sure I'm not the only one with questions like this.
Go to: